Intel On Railz

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by KarmaKaze, Apr 2, 2009.

1. KarmaKaze

KarmaKaze L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is a Proof Of Concept...not an actual map.

I think this could be a new game type where the intel is on a cart travelling thru the map. No known bugs.
    I made the BLU cart setup. I did not put in the rail models (too lazy), so you will have a magically floating cart. :p

BSP and VMF are included in the download.

I am hoping some of the awesome mappers here will take this idea and run with it. :)

Use any or all of it as you wish.
    Credit if you feel like it. :)

Thought I would give a little back to the community...not sure if I can make a decent map out of this idea...hoping that others will.

2. Zanpa

Zanpa L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I don't understand. How would you play this gamemode ? Where do you have to carry the intel/push the cart to ?

3. KarmaKaze

Positive Ratings:
    The other cart.

4. FLOOR_MASTER

FLOOR_MASTER L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    This is *great* stuff! I remember talking to Mangy about the same concept a few months back, but there were some weird problems he encountered while trying to come up with a proof of concept. I'm really glad to see you've figured out how to get it working. I think this can lead to a much less turtle-prone CTF. Two obvious variants off the top of my head:

1) Intel starts deep in the base and slowly moves towards the outside. The position is reset if the intel is taken (and/or captured)
    2) Intel travels around the base in a cycle

Again, great work -- and I hope mappers will pick up on this and exploit it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. KarmaKaze

Positive Ratings:
    Floor Master,
    Another idea that came to mind was to have the cart switch tracks on captures. You could set up several tracks and sometimes have the carts traveling a good distance apart (start of game?) and sometimes closer (endgame.) This would allow for changing spawn areas and varied play.
    I think there is a lot that can be tried with this set up.