Intel/Cap Point Question

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by 404UserNotFound, Apr 7, 2011.

1. 404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    Intel/Cap Point questions & Help needed.

A few months ago, while looking through some old old threads on the forum, I saw some posts made by a guy who was working on converting 2Fort into an idle map. That gave me the idea to try my hand at turning 2Fort into an Achievement/Idle map.

I've gotten pretty far in 2 days. Now, I want to add the following to the map:
    - Infinitely captureable Intel (One or two sets of Intel for each team)
    - An infinitely captureable Capture Point that will un-capture itself after a set time period.

Here's where my questions come in:
    1. How do I get rid of the Announcer voice clips that play when someone caps a point/intel?

As well, is there a way to prevent the "<Player> has capture the intelligence/capped Point A" messages, but still have players get a "point" for scoring?

Finally, do I have to add any special entities or anything to prevent the CTF HUD from appearing, but instead allowing the Capture Point HUD to appear?

I'm havingSkybox issues. Here's some errors from my console:
    Code:
    Can't load skybox file sky_tf2_04 to build the default cubemap!

Failed, using default cubemap 'engine/defaultcubemap' (repeat this once for every cubemap in the map, which is ALOT.)

Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/sky_tf2_04rt)
    Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/sky_tf2_04bk)
    Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/sky_tf2_04lf)
    Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/sky_tf2_04ft)
    Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/sky_tf2_04up)
    Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/sky_tf2_04dn)

I'm having Area Portal issues. I've checked every Area Portal on the map and everything looks good, but when I compile the map to test it, I get this wherever there's an area portal:
    [​IMG]
    What I'm gonna do is go through the map because for the areas like the big conference room, I'm pretty sure alot of the main structure of the rooms has been set up as detail brushes which might be causing the leaks, and thus, the whole "oh wow I can see areaportals everywhere" thing.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  2. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    Infinite intel capturing is server side I believe, I wouldn't know anything about a point uncapping itself..

1. Not possible to my knowledge, unless ABS or somebody else knows some entity voodoo
    2. I don't believe so
    3. Its in the gametypes entities, tf_gamerules I think. Just set the HUD type to nothing
    4. Ignore that error, it's just not compiling the cubemaps into the map. You do this manually when you jump in to playtest anyway. Console > buildcubemaps. There's a thread (various) on this forum that go into detail about it.
    5. Check your other thread.

3. 404UserNotFound

404UserNotFound No longer a "TF2 Beta/Cut Content Historian".

Positive Ratings:
    What about the skybox errors?

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings: