info_player_teamspawn problems

Harpo_53

L2: Junior Member
Apr 24, 2010
I'm currently working on a mix of the Territorial Control and 5CP gamemodes which involves several merges to the way the modes work. The possibly most important change is that there are three control points per round rather than two or five. I am having some trouble, though.

At any given control point (except for the base), there are two separate spawns; one for Blue, and one for Red; the Red spawn should be usable by Red when they own the nearby Control Point, and Blue should be able to use theirs when THEY own the Control Point. Every info_player_teamspawn has its "Team" set appropriately, and the "Associated Control Point" is set correctly (I've triple checked). However, players consistently spawn in the opposite team's position. Another problem is that players do not move to their forward spawn after capping the middle point; if a team already owned the middle point from winning the previous round, then they will spawn there but otherwise, it does not happen.

I've also had a problem with players...wait for it:
I've had a problem with players spawning at control points that they DON'T OWN yet, in the other team's spawn.

I'd be glad to give more information if requested, and I'll upload my .vmf for people to look at and determine what is going wrong if needed (which I think it might be...).

Thanks in advance,
Cdr. Growlithe Harpo

Seba

DR. BIG FUCKER, PHD
aa
Jun 9, 2009
I'm no pro with ents, but the way I'd try to solve the problem is have the control point ents send outputs to enable and disable the i_p_t's appropriately. Although this might take some more time, it seems like the easiest solution imo.

Harpo_53

L2: Junior Member
Apr 24, 2010
Okay....this is really annoying me now.

Not only did it not work like it was supposed to to start with, but now even doing it MANUALLY isn't working, and I honestly have no idea why not.

So...I attached the .vmf. I really hope someone can figure this out.

AND there's going to me multiple (five) rounds; I only have the set-up so far for ONE, and I can't even get that to work properly.:(