info_player_teamspawn in a forward spawn.

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Belli, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Belli

Belli L69: Deviant Member

Positive Ratings:
    I noticed in a couple of maps that the forward spawns are usually more compact and often only have a small amount of info_player_teamspawn entities.

My question is, if there's more players waiting to respawn than available spawn points during the same wave, what's going to happen? And what's the minimum of spawn points for a full server?

2. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Usually, we map for 16 people per side, to accommodate the servers that run the 32man mod (stock tf2 is 24).

For forward spawns, if you don't have enough spots, it will just stack players up on top of each other. So if you have 8 spawn points, but 9 people respawning, one will double up (the players will appear inside each other, but this is fine).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Belli

Belli L69: Deviant Member

Positive Ratings:
    So, it's not the best solution, but not really detrimental to the gameplay either?

Thanks.

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    I think most forward spawns probably only have 4-6 player spawns in them. It's not a big ideal. Initial spawn rooms should have at least 16, though.

5. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Your primary spawns, the one where players spawn for the start of the map should have 16 (maybe a little more) spawns. Forward spawns can have less, because usually you don't have all 16 people spawning at the exact same time.

6. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Of course, it is never wrong to have more spawn positions.