Influence

KotH Influence ind37

hansfortress

L1: Registered
Mar 3, 2014
Influence - Very early rendition of a relatively simple, jungle based koth map of a jungle comm station.

This is still in the VERY early stages of development, and is entirely open to any changes. (and yes, I know it's got too much detail this early on, I can't help myself. I get bored sometimes)

At the center, where the control point will be - is a comm control center set in the middle of a rocky jungle. Not all of the required textures are included with the bsp, as I can't be bother to pakrat everything in a super early release. I'll update the post later with a more complete version.

It's not currently functional as a koth map yet, as I can't be bother to copy and paste the required entities in yet.

Chiefly an exercise in detail practice and getting back into mapping after a multi-year long hiatus.

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
koth_munication_id370000.jpg

I'm seein lots of purple and leak. You probably didn't remember to pack.
I would suggest using VIDE, here's Idolon's tutorial: https://tf2maps.net/threads/vide-a-how-to.21661/#post-291504

Edit: you might wanna do some clipping too. I understand you wanted to publish an unpacked pre-alpha, but I would highly suggest against that. Thanks

hansfortress

Mar 3, 2014
koth_munication_id370000.jpg

I'm seein lots of purple and leak. You probably didn't remember to pack.
I would suggest using VIDE, here's Idolon's tutorial: https://tf2maps.net/threads/vide-a-how-to.21661/#post-291504

Edit: you might wanna do some clipping too. I understand you wanted to publish an unpacked pre-alpha, but I would highly suggest against that. Thanks
I mostly posted this here to have a page to post the very early stuff to and get a little feedback on layout and the like. Thank you for the point to the VIDE tutorial, though I know how to pack already (current favorite tool is pakrat, though it hurts me to use a java application).
Do you have any suggestions for changes in layout? My apologies for being a little lazy with the initial upload. Just not much point packing a map this early on in my mind. Some very basic planning went into this, but I'd really like input for things I inevitably missed as far as layout and gameplay are concerned.

hansfortress

Mar 3, 2014
A more complete and functional version that's nearly ready to be playtested is my goal for the next upload. It will be slow as I'm currently working two jobs and taking summer classes and doing real life things, but meh.

YOYOYO

41 crashes and counting
aa
Jul 10, 2017
Do you have any suggestions for changes in layout?
I'm sorry, but I'm just not able to produce a layout suggestion with all the errors, they're really distracting :(

Best of luck, yoyo