Infinite

CP Infinite b8

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Infinite - Use your grapple hooks to take down Columbia!

Infinite (CAPTURE POINT)
by Egan

Currently: Beta 1

Overview:
This is a 2cp a/d mannpower map set in the city of Columbia from Bioshock Infinite. Blue starts at the lighthouse below the city and when setup is over they can launch up through the clouds and progressively push deeper into the city threshold.

Made for the 2016 TF2Maps Summer 72 hour Jam.

Thanks to these stream donators:
Bakscratch
Chin
Lovress
Emiel Superpukkie
MonsterKiller
BigZZZ
DJ Sylveon and Zorua
Fluttercreep
AlexCookie

Thanks also to Tumbolisu for the merasmus statue.

There are a lot of bugs in the b1 version so sometime later I'd like to make a b2 that tidies it all up. I would someday like to pretty up the entire city but that might take a while.

The entire creation is in the past broadcasts on my twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/pigsareit/profile

zahndah

professional letter
aa
Jul 4, 2015
I approve of grappling hooks. Powerups are debatable.

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
I was getting huge inspiration from BioShock Infinite too, but got some other projects going. Glad you implemented it.

Lovres

Level -1: Prenatal Member
Jan 25, 2015
Hey Egan it was no issue donating at all :)

The map turned out very nicely and visually pleasing, I hope that you continue your work on this map in the future

LeSwordfish

semi-trained quasi-professional
aa
Aug 8, 2010
I really like the look of this, and hope I get a chance to play it. If I could make a quibble, one thing that really sold Columbia for me was the hinges on the bridges and connectors, that allowed the whole city to flex a bit. While I understand that actually flexing would be impossible for all but the smallest bits of city, the hinges could still work as a little detail.

I'm surprised MannPower works for CP maps - I really should actually play some at some point.

Trianon

L1: Registered
Feb 25, 2015
Tested this map on my server with 28 players - it was fun, but a bit unbalanced because defenders get all the powerups (maybe you should delay their spawn?) and its too hard to attack. However when you see 14 enemies falling from the sky on you it looks terrifying. Also for some reason I couldnt switch teams after spawn on this map, I think its some kind of bug.

Last edited:

Egan

aa
Feb 14, 2010
Tested this map on my server with 28 players - it was fun, but a bit unbalanced

Ya I've got a big list changes but it's difficult to convince myself that making a infinite-but-tf2-y is okay; I don't think I could make it precisely the feeling from that game without wasting months of labor, but I also want it to look recognizable. Also mannpower is a bit boring cause the grapple-everywhere completely eliminates all regular game flow (routes, class speeds, sightlines can form anywhere all over, etc).

I wonder if I thought of making it a joke map would be more convincing, like intentionally exaggerate how loosely it is inspired by Infinite.

Twist.vmf

L420: High Member
Jul 29, 2016
damn it :/ i was working on a bioshock infinite map :/

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
How did they fuck up the time space continuum so badly.

Tuaam

L6: Sharp Member
Jun 26, 2015
I dunno if it's me but why do tf2's graphics look so outdated? Like I get it was made in 2007 at a time when people still used Windows XP but how does it look this bad? Like I swear when I first played this game in 2014 retarded me thought this was the best thing ever to breach my new computer's graphics card.

Like, am I getting old? Maybe it's because of the HDR or something

Yrr

An Actual Deer
aa
Sep 20, 2015