individual player spawns based on location of death?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by bob+M|M+, Apr 20, 2008.

1. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    to elaborate say when player 1 dies in area A, she will respawn in area A. when killed in area B, she will respawn in area B. and she may move between A and B interchangeably. This will be the effect for each individual player.

anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped.

2. Foreverkul

Foreverkul L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Im not sure you can force an individual to spawn in an area :(

3. trainRiderJ

trainRiderJ L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    You can assign players certain names when they walk into an area, and then possibly filter the spawns based on those key names?

I know I've read somewhere on here about assigning names to players, it was used in a multiple flag scenario. I'm not sure if what I suggested is possible, can someone else comment on it?

4. kimangroo

kimangroo L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    also if you have trouble filtering the spawns you could have them spawn in an intermediary room and filter using teleports.

I wonder though, if you died, wouldn't you lose the name assigned to you? This would be really useful if it did work though.

5. bob+M|M+

bob+M|M+ L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. If you can retain an assigned name, even after death, that would be great, and using an intermediary room is a good idea for my situation. I don't have time to test it yet, but I'll try it out this weekend.

6. Trypto

Trypto L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    If there was a OnDeath command or something this would be quite easy, but to my knowledge nothing exists.