1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

CTF InConstruction

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by Yummy Loogie, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Yummy Loogie

Yummy Loogie L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    This is a map I am making mostly for fun, but also to get better at hammer. It is currently being planned, but there is a short video up now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TCg-Djsn1w
    Note that this is VERY EARLY work in progress. I will be adding to this map every 2-3 days. I am hoping to get Beta done by march.

2. nik

nik L12: Fabulous Member

Positive Ratings:
    1. That is not beta.
    2. All I see is a flat plane, some props, and a very spikey looking displacement.

You need a layout before you do anything.

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    ^that

and is that HL textures for those walls? Never use HL textures in a TF2 map. (Unless they are new construction pack textures... then go ahead and use 'em :D)

4. Dragonstorm24

Dragonstorm24 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    He said "I am hoping to get Beta done by march". It needs to be improved on a lot. First you should avoid a straight linear approach that is not broken up by anything this gives snipers a huge advantage, break it up with cover and make sure the other team can't see into the enemy spawn, second you should start with dev textures to get a feel for the design before you start to detail it and third HL textures shouldn't be used in TF2 since it doesn't fit the theme

5. The_Ulf

The_Ulf L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    ^ That.

Also - huge straight line is horrendous for optimizing later (as I will sadly attest)