Incoming!!! Pyro stuff Thursday and Sniper vid tomorrow

TheBladeRoden

L420: High Member
Oct 26, 2007
Also says two community maps are getting officialized, I wonder whose they are, cause Valve surely hadn't talked to me :(

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53168

Team Fortress 2 Pyro Update Coming This Thursday; Free Weekend Kicks Off Friday

by Aaron Linde Jun 16, 2008 4:29pm CST tags: Team Fortress 2
Valve has announced that the Pyro class update for its online multiplayer shooter Team Fortress 2 will be released this Thursday, June 19. The update includes three unlockable weapons—such as the previously unveiled Axtinguisher—which can be obtained via 35 new class-specific achievements. Valve has previously stated that the Pyro update will also include "significant changes" to the core class which will be enacted regardless of whether players have the new weapons.
In addition to the new weapons and achievements, two community-created maps for the game will be included in the update. To tide players over til Thursday, Valve also plans to release Meet the Sniper, the latest video in its series of comedic class profiles, tomorrow morning.
The developer also revealed that it will hold another Team Fortress 2 free weekend, allowing players who haven't yet purchased the title to play the game for free from Friday morning through Sunday evening. During that time, players can download and play Team Fortress 2 from Valve's downloadable PC gaming platform Steam free of charge.
According to my Valve time conversion chart that means Pyro update next week and Sniper vid Wednesday.

Last edited:

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
I know which are the new maps comming out. They are cp_orange_cross and cp_orange_cross2

:D

---||||||||||||||||||||
┏┫  | |  ┣┓  ┏┓ 
┗┫━━ ┃ ━━┣┛  ┣┫ 
 ┃ ━━━━━ ┃ ┏┳┫┣┳┓ 
 ┗━━┳━┳━━┛ ┃    ┃ Copy/Paste
━━━━┃ ┃    ┗━┳┳━┛ if this user
━━━━┃ ┗━━━━━━┛┃ has wasted you time
━━━━┃ ┏━━━━━━━┛

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
---||||||||||||||||||||
┏┫  | |  ┣┓  ┏┓ 
┗┫━━ ┃ ━━┣┛  ┣┫ 
 ┃ ━━━━━ ┃ ┏┳┫┣┳┓ 
 ┗━━┳━┳━━┛ ┃    ┃ Copy/Paste
━━━━┃ ┃    ┗━┳┳━┛ if this user
━━━━┃ ┗━━━━━━┛┃ has wasted you time
━━━━┃ ┏━━━━━━━┛
Is that suposed to make some sort of image?

if so, FAIL and :p because I just quoted it so editing your post will never remove your failiure

Spike

Feb 13, 2008
Is that suposed to make some sort of image?

if so, FAIL and :p because I just quoted it so editing your post will never remove your failiure

I was not going to edit it

royal-fail.jpg

:lol::thumbup::thumbup::lol::thumbup::drool1:

BTW I actually see an image of a guy... ^_^

Last edited:

Brandished

L5: Dapper Member
Jan 19, 2008
Wow, no big press event before the big Pyro update? Is Valve trying to free itself from the Valve Time meme? We'll have to wait and see.

I would guess Mach, Castle, Steel, Labor, Convoy, or maybe even Turbine or Lazy/Busy Town, but Fastlane and Redstone? I'm going by Game-Monitors top 50 most served during the time I checked while writing this post (http://v3.game-monitor.com/topmaps.php?game=tf2).

EDIT:
Well, after RTFA, there's no clear indication on Shacknews or CSNation that Redstone or Fastlane are the maps, just some shack commentor guesses. I have a suspicion that Steel will be one of them, though.

Last edited:

Snipergen

L13: Stunning Member
Nov 16, 2007
How lame, skdr did good maps but its too close to well and badlands, it doesn't feel fresh enough. I would give valve a high five if they didn't do it and made cp_steel official

Also, it's about time too but I don't have maps in mind that are valve quality other than steel, and skdr his maps. So brandished from your list I honestly don't see it happen :)

Hey I think this is a great motiviation! Let's finish those maps before the...engi update? :p

Last edited:

AWESOME-O

Mar 20, 2008
i hope so NOT that engi is going to be next!
Its already impossible to put out sentrys if you're on a retarted server.

Corion

L2: Junior Member
May 17, 2008
It wouldn't be hard if we had smarter medics, which the achievement patch didn't seem to help at all. Achievements should make people smarter and better with the class, not encourage stupid achievement-farmers to play it because of the shiny unlocks.

AWESOME-O

Mar 20, 2008
It wouldn't be hard if we had smarter medics, which the achievement patch didn't seem to help at all. Achievements should make people smarter and better with the class, not encourage stupid achievement-farmers to play it because of the shiny unlocks.

w0rd!

Feb 14, 2008
I think it will be the Spy next, and the next Meet the Class video will be the Spy as well.

My reasoning? I do believe that the updates could be going in reverse order to the Meet the Class videos.

That would mean that the next video after Spy would be Pyro, and then the next update after Spy would be Sniper.

Psy

The Imp Queen
aa
Apr 9, 2008
Steel becoming official would seem highly likely. At least I hope it becomes official. :(

AWESOME-O

Mar 20, 2008
anyways, i dont feel like meeting the sniper, i think he will mainly be shooting ppl trough the head while he tells a story, with sometimes a "Here you go, Wanker" "Psssst"

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
anyways, i dont feel like meeting the sniper, i think he will mainly be shooting ppl trough the head while he tells a story, with sometimes a "Here you go, Wanker" "Psssst"
hush! :mad:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007

whilst those that saw the early version are calling it "fantastic" and "the funniest yet"???

I think not, I may hate snipers in game but I'm looking forwards to 'meeting' him in 15 minutes (18:00 GMT its released apparently)