In Game Error Logs

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by 【EmNudge】, Jun 2, 2016.

1. 【EmNudge】

【EmNudge】 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I got quite a couple of the same error log spammed into my console when I load my map. I know the reason for one of them, but I used a trick to perform a certain action and that's probably the reason (doesn't affect anything really).

well, 2 errors and I want to know what is causing it.

Inserted trigger_push with no model - spammed around 20 times.
    I have 2 trigger_push entity brushes and no error is given when I use them, just when the map loads.
    Does it need a model? What?

SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_moonbase/moon_cylinder_light02.mdl)
    S
    - spammed once for everytime I have that model (20 times).
    Should I switch the collision to "not solid" or "bounding box"? Is the problem that it is trying to find a collisions wirefram when there is none?

I think I got the 2nd one, but I tried deleting and recreating the trigger_push brushes, but nothing changed.
    (recreating them worked in the other thread about the leaks. They had to be broken or something)[/spoiler]

2. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings:
    SOLID_VPHYSICS static prop with no vphysics model! (models/props_moonbase/moon_cylinder_light02.mdl)

Just switch the collision to not solid and this goes away. Basically what's happening is that TF2 tries to load a prop without a collision mesh yet it's specified to have collision so TF2 freaks out and starts spamming this message for every model without collision.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    For the trigger_push error try going to the Entity Report and searching for trigger_pushes in the map, see if any are broken! If nothing, afterwards try pressing Alt+P in the editor, which will bring up the error reporter.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. 【EmNudge】

【EmNudge】 L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    thanks, it seems I had like 10 trigger_pushes in the middle of no where and completely invisible. Deleted them, should work fine now.

5. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    For future reference, when the engine refers to models, it means brushes. That error message about the trigger_push sounds like the entities were recorded in the entity data lump, but no associated brush volumes could be found.

• Thanks Thanks x 1