Importing Watergate

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by NoirSuede, Oct 18, 2015.

1. NoirSuede

NoirSuede L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    I've decompiled Watergate and i want to use the boat on the middle for my map, but when i open the map in hammer the model dissapears and turns into the ERROR sign, how do i fix this ?

2. Uncuepa

aa Uncuepa

Positive Ratings:
    Firstly, you could just ask Egan for the file. And secondly, with the newly added maps Valve doesn't add the custom models to the files. This means if you want the model, you'll have to look towards the Watergate thread here and see where Egan got it.

3. Ynders

aa Ynders absolutely gormful

Positive Ratings:
    Watergate's boat is a fixed version of the trawler from the maritime theme pack, which can be found here(among the oceanic and woods theme packs).

4. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    What's "fixed" about Watergate's version of the boat? Also it's a bit annoying that Valve doesn't buy the custom content any more :/

5. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Decompiling the map only gives you a VMF. To get the assets, you need to extract them from the map using GCFScape or something similar. But the boat itself is already in the BulletCrops pack or if not maybe this one

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    Yup, if you want the boat, all you need is the asset from the appropriate pack, not the .vmf.

7. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    For Watergate we found that the poles sticking out of the boat got in the way of gameplay so BANG edited the collision mesh to ignore those:
    [​IMG]

Simple change, but it helps. - Edit, Thread

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  8. MegapiemanPHD

Positive Ratings:
    Sweet. Will the fixed version be released here?

9. Egan

aa Egan

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah I updated the Watergate files download to have all of the current official WG stuff - http://tf2maps.net/resources/watergate-content-pack.425/

I haven't really tested to make sure everything's in there so maybe let me know if any errors appear. :^]

10. MegapiemanPHD

Positive Ratings:
    No errors but there are definity missing props like the trawler and some roof textures for the skybox buildings.