Image uploads to map threads not working

Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by luxatile, Jul 24, 2014.

1. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    I'm having trouble uploading any images at all to my map thread (this) at the moment. When I choose a file to upload, whether it is for the featured screenshot or just the in-thread screenshot, it seems all right until I hit Save Changes, at which point I get faced with a thread still devoid of screenshots, no error messages or anything. When I go to edit the thread again, there's nothing there to indicate I ever uploaded anything.

What I'm uploading are just standard JPEG images taken from within TF2, nothing unusual there as far as I'm aware.

I also seem to remember being presented with a selection of previously uploaded images when I've edited my map threads earlier (which I could pick instead of uploading a new one), but these don't seem to be around anymore. I don't know if that's related.

2. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    gd is not working with this version of vbulletin. updating vbulletin in a few minutes.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  3. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    Vbulletin wasnt working with our updated version of PHP/GD, so i updated vbulletin and you can now upload images as needed. I did leave a cool pair of koalas in your map thread as a test. Please remove that and add your images as needed. Please let me know if you get any other errors.

Thanks.

4. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    I notice our custom forum icons (the little TF logos for new posts etc) have changed back to vbulletin defaults. Was that your doing just now?

5. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    they were overwritten with the vbulletin upgrade. should be back to normal now.

6. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    The favicon was nuked as well.
    (as was the go to last post arrow icon)

7. drp

aa drp

Positive Ratings:
    all restored. do a hard refresh (Hold CTRL+F5) to see changes.

Thanks.

8. xzzy

aa xzzy

Positive Ratings:
    The "mark forums read" link is throwing up an error.

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

I purged cookies and restarted browsers and it refuses to budge on the issue.

9. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    nooooo that was just fixed!

10. luxatile

aa luxatile deer

Positive Ratings:
    Yup, it works perfectly now! Hell there's even a koala in my thread now, which I'm very happy with. I think I'll keep it.