Chaos

L1: Registered
Mar 31, 2022
Ok, so I'm getting tired of blindly trying fix these myself. Maybe someone can help me out.

Currently I have a couple of problems.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1. Every team spawn entity WON'T FREAKIN WORK.
No clear reason why they're broken, but even with the Keyvalues set up right. They just don't work correctly.

I even tried replacing the spawn entities at blu's first spawn outright, to try and see if that would work. It worked at first, then It broke again later when I tried fixing the fact players would only spawn there.
(EntSelectSpawnPoint(): No valid spawns for class #TF_Class_Name_Scout on team 3 found, even though at least one spawn entity exists.)
< from console. It also showed up for "team 2"
(I also used pl_upward as a reference to make a spawn room that changes team affiliations after the 3rd point is captured. )

2. The trigger_hurt around the payload cart kills players for some reason.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can also send a compile log. (P.S I've been using hammer++, just figured I mention in case its important.)

Now, I'm sure its completely full of problems, I'm not good at map making.
I just put the vmf file below.

Attachments

• pl_volcanic.vmf
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:

spruce

L2: Junior Member
Aug 14, 2022
Well, I opened hammer and checked your map out
Because I'm fairly new to Hammer I'll just tell you what I think is wrong

1. "Associated Control Point" on each player spawn is empty, I deleted all spawns but one for each team and set the Red spawn to become active once the first control point was captured (Associated Control Point: cap_1) and it let me spawn in each room respectively, I couldn't test whether or not this actually updated after capturing the first point because the cart gets stuck in spawn and I have zero experience in Payload tracks.

2. The trigger_hurt has a damage of 1000, unsure whether this is intentional or just left out accidentally.

Solutions: Set all of Red's Associated Control Point values to the control point of your choosing and make the trigger_hurt deal 0 damage, I think that's all
And another thing, I don't think you need more than 2 Control point masters especially when they have the same settings

Last edited:

Chaos

Mar 31, 2022
Well, I opened hammer and checked your map out
Because I'm fairly new to Hammer I'll just tell you what I think is wrong

1. "Associated Control Point" on each player spawn is empty, I deleted all spawns but one for each team and set the Red spawn to become active once the first control point was captured (Associated Control Point: cap_1) and it let me spawn in each room respectively, I couldn't test whether or not this actually updated after capturing the first point because the cart gets stuck in spawn and I have zero experience in Payload tracks.

2. The trigger_hurt has a damage of 1000, unsure whether this is intentional or just left out accidentally.

Solutions: Set all of Red's Associated Control Point values to the control point of your choosing and make the trigger_hurt deal 0 damage, I think that's all
And another thing, I don't think you need more than 2 Control point masters especially when they have the same settings
Ok so.
1. Associated control point wasn't used at all on pl_upward, and that map works just fine. So that can't be the reason.

2. The trigger_hurt was a part of the payload gametype library, it even says to add a trigger_hurt around the cart on valve Developer page for making a payload map.

3. The 2 control point master thing was most likely just an extra from copying, that I can fix.

spruce

Aug 14, 2022
1. I tried replicating what I said and it stopped working, No idea what causes it to spawn you in Red's base, I must've touched another setting without paying attention.

2. I read the Valve Dev wiki article and it's supposed to filter players and only kill props that get stuck inside the cart, you did write a name in the filter but that filter doesn't exist, accidental deletion?

Chaos

Mar 31, 2022
I replaced the team spawn's outright, nothing changed. No flags, inputs or outputs.

Its still broken. No reason why. Its just broken. Players spawn at the same place.

spruce

Aug 14, 2022
After thinking for a bit I believe the problem might lie in one of the logic/gamerule entities as remaking the spawns did not work either of us, or on a stranger case, an incorrectly configured I/O, if it isn't that I can't think of any other reason.

If any lurker has an idea of what it could be, mentioning it would be nice.

Chaos

Mar 31, 2022
I fixed it myself, and yes it did end up being a game logic issue.

Last edited: