I'm new... hi

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Scorch, May 20, 2015.

1. Scorch

Scorch L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hey, I'm new here.

I'm going to make my first map, a close-quarters industrial attack/defend cp map.

I'll post a thread when I'm done or at least in beta for comments and such.

How do I join the Steam group?

Thanks,
    Scorch

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. PC's_Frank

PC's_Frank L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi, pleasure to have you aboard. As far as I can tell, in order to join the Steam group, I think you just go to the group's page on steam and click the "join" button in the upper right hand corner.

Also, if you ever want to have your map tested, a gameday would be the perfect place to do this. Here's the guide: http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=21459

If you need any help with making the map, we have plenty of guides in our tutorial section. http://forums.tf2maps.net/forumdisplay.php?f=57 Or, if you have a question about something more specific, feel free to ask any of the site or server staff, they would be glad to help you with anything.

Thanks for joining us, and welcome!

3. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome.

Bear in mind that when you join the Steam group, Steam will change its message to "This group is invite only." That's a bug, but it means you successfully joined.

4. Scorch

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks, I joined.

5. RubbishyUser

RubbishyUser L7: Fancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    Hi New Here, I'm Rubbishy! Good luck on making your first map! We've got some great resources in the tutorials section if you ever need anything.

6. Scorch

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks!

We'll see how map 1 goes. Source SDK and Hammer are installing right now.

7. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    Don't use the SDK! It is broken currently for TF2 and will not run. You need to use the version located inside your TF folder.

8. Scorch

Positive Ratings:
    it's running now,

Thanks

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  9. KubeKing

aa KubeKing Back home in Jupiter, things are getting harder

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to the painful world of Hammer, Scorch!

But seriously, welcome to the community. I'm looking forward to see your work! Just keep in mind to keep detailing to a minimum in the first versions of your map and that the TF2Maps community is always here to help, and you're set.

10. CriminalBunny

aa CriminalBunny Lasers are just deadly rainbows

Positive Ratings:
    Hello Scorch and welcome to the forums!

You should upload your map in alpha, you'll want all feedback possible before becoming too attached to your map to make any big changes. Especially now that you're getting started. Whenever your map is playable, with a non-broken gamemode and without leaks (be careful with these) show it to us! :)

Have fun mapping!

11. radarhead

aa radarhead Hands out ratings like cheap cigars

Positive Ratings:
    Technically, you don't have to make a thread to get your map tested. However, having a thread does help get people excited, and/or ask for your map to get tested in Imps!

Welcome, Scorch!