I'm giving up on the mapping stuff guys.

Oct 6, 2008
I'd like to thank everyone for all of their time effort and patience with me in learning this stuff - I've learned a lot.

But I've come to the conclusion that what I think might make a fun map to play - is just that something that I think is fun to play.

I've tried out a couple of maps that I think are an ablsoute riot and have been heaped nothing but scorn for my efforts (not from anyone here) from the servers where I usually play.

I've come to the point where TF2 is starting to bore me as well - same style maps, same style of gameplay, etc.

Although I'm giving up - due to other things going on in my life also - I commend you for your dedication and your attention to detail in your maps. I just don't have the time anymore to do the mapping stuff.

Good luck and best wishes to you all.

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
It's a shame to see people come and go; but stop by some time, i have a feeling you might be back. I always am. The amount of times i try and stop this to dedicate time on other things and end up bouncing back.

Blindfate

L1: Registered
Nov 2, 2008
(This is ontopic if you read his post completely..)

I think, in general, the tf2 community is pretty quick to dismiss custom maps, for some reason, but they dont generally seem to want to give the mappers any heads up on what they generally dont like. It's sad, really.

Spike

L10: Glamorous Member
Feb 13, 2008
Hope you come back soon

TotalMark

L6: Sharp Member
Feb 13, 2008
Well, I guess if you feel you have to leave...:mellow:

Good luck.