Igniting players that fall into lava.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdsand

L2: Junior Member
Oct 25, 2007
I have lava in my map, and it is covered by a kill trigger. But it looks stupid because the player's body just calmly floats in the lava.

What I need is some kind of entity or trigger that can ignite the player as if he has been hit by Pyro's flamethrower right before the player hits the kill trigger.

Does such a thing exists? Any methods other than triggers and entities to force this to happen?

If I can get this to work, my lava would be a bit more convincing.

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
No way that I know of to use the pyro's fire on people in a map.

Dox

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 26, 2007
could you do a trigger hurt with fire damage? I thought the pyro's fire in TF2 causes fire damage so maybe triggering fire damage to light them up?

Zeewier

L9: Fashionable Member
Sep 20, 2008
It "fire touch dmg" (or something like that, not something working in hammer)

But it is possible to do it the way FaTony said.

Mr. Happy

L6: Sharp Member
Jul 16, 2008
Try sending !activator the Ignite input from a trigger. Probably won't work but you never know.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Try sending !activator the Ignite input from a trigger. Probably won't work but you never know.
I've already tried this and mentioned it to Cdsand in chat. It doesn't work because while it damages the player and plays sounds, it attempts to load HL2 particles so there is no visual.

Oct 6, 2008
um - this might work - no idea how to make it happen though

1/2life 2 has the heavy- m-gun that has the 2ndary fire button that if you hit one of the bad guys they do the dissolve thingy.

ok don't know how to describe it other than that - see if you can set it up so that if player dies they disolve

DIG does this on their servers but I think they trigger it to happen server side

Cdsand

L2: Junior Member
Oct 25, 2007
I know what you mean by the dissolving, but that would not be preferable to players just floating in the lava. I guess we'll have to petition valve.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Good grief man. What purpose does bumping this thread have? Yes, that's the the input is for. It's pretty obvious and didn't need a thread, let alone bumping one a year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.