If you use Propper, do you still need to compile a .qc file?

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by XFunc_CaRteR, Sep 25, 2010.

1. XFunc_CaRteR

XFunc_CaRteR L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    Like the title says? I packed custom models for a map I made, and it didn't appear inside the bsp. But then someone told me to check the .qc and I didn't know what that meant. Checked the Valve SDK, and they mentioned you needed to compile a model with a .qc file. But does Propper generate a .qc file? Or does Propper generate the .qc file internally? Or what?

I don't know if a .qc file needs to be packed into the bsp, or if the .qc file is just used to compile the model.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. XFunc_CaRteR

XFunc_CaRteR L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I just looked at the Propper spec on the Valve Dev wiki and it says it automatically generates a .qc file and compiles the model.

Anyone know where the .qc file normally is located?

3. Lancey

aa Lancey Currently On: ?????

Positive Ratings:
    It should be part of your mdl file. You can probably open it up by opening the model file with Notepad++. Not sure if Notepad++ works, I use a hex editor personally.

EDIT:

Notepad++ will let you modify the directory if you open a .mdl file in it. Just change the string where it gives the proper directory, but don't forget to add or remove the null characters so that you don't add or remove bytes.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010