If the community says "Don't cap in this map!", is the map "bad"?

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
For people that want to deathmatch, such hard objective is exactly what they want. They barely have to take attention to it. If caps were more common then people would just ignore the map and take the next one that is nearly impossible to win.

You might not like it, but thats most likely because you dont like deathmatch in tf2. But even if only 1% of the players like it, this map is good enough for them. And 1% can be considered alot.

Qersojan

L2: Junior Member
Sep 27, 2015
Upward is a faulty payload race map
Tf2 has no deathmatch
Payload race has a timer that supports long plays without capping
Upward is fun to deathmatch on.

I would say its a bad map for its intent, but it turned into something both different, and not bad at all. I do find it annoying on other maps when I come to play the game and people insult me for playing the game, but hightower has a certain vibe that allows things to just go on fighting, and forget about capping.

Zed

Certified Most Crunk™
aa
Aug 7, 2014
Upward is a faulty payload race map
Tf2 has no deathmatch
Payload race has a timer that supports long plays without capping
Upward is fun to deathmatch on.

I would say its a bad map for its intent, but it turned into something both different, and not bad at all. I do find it annoying on other maps when I come to play the game and people insult me for playing the game, but hightower has a certain vibe that allows things to just go on fighting, and forget about capping.
...Upward?

Do you mean Hightower?