If anyone needs a pl_test map....8 points

Oct 6, 2008
Hi,

Put this in the tutorial mapping resources for you all if anyone needs it

http://forums.tf2maps.net/./downloads.php?do=file&id=739

It's a 8 cap point pl map - The team train watcher on it goes to 4 but no more.

I don't think it works any higher than that maybe you coder guys can figure it out or what I may have done wrong.

Feel free to use it anyway you like.

UKCS-Alias

Mann vs Machine... or... Mapper vs Meta?
aa
Sep 8, 2008
Valve limited to 4 CPs in a stage. And the first time they said they did it was even bugged (as people did get a 'map differs from server' error when they tried to join). Since the heavy update this is fixed but valve didnt think about adding more CPs to a stage.

Also, i think that 8 CPs is a bit useless for a single stage. many times maps get way to large when you do that (unless you make a circular payload map). 4 CPs are fine as a limit as when you want 8 cps its usualy better to split it into 2/3 stages to prevent people going back or forward to much.

Invictus

L1: Registered
Oct 15, 2008
It'd be handy, though, if you wanted individual caps to be less important. For example, you could use eight points that extend the round for 2:30, instead of four that extend it for 5:00. Or you could put two or three points through a strong defensive area, so the attacking team can make progress without having to crush the defense in a single wave.

Oct 6, 2008
It'd be handy, though, if you wanted individual caps to be less important. For example, you could use eight points that extend the round for 2:30, instead of four that extend it for 5:00. Or you could put two or three points through a strong defensive area, so the attacking team can make progress without having to crush the defense in a single wave.

exactly - me tired of map where its big battle here break through to neex defenses then repeat it - I tried fro a map that's fighting all the way - and who knows i'f valve fixes it maybe we have a test map all se to go :)