Ido Furnace

PD Ido Furnace a2

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Idolon submitted a new resource:

Ido Furnace - Push and Pull PD

Due to a series of tragic workplace accidents, this old sawmill has become haunted, a natural fount of lost souls from the underworld. This attracted Red and Blu to build establish facilities on the site because as it turns out, souls are a powerful and seemingly unlimited fuel source!

Ido Furnace (working title) is an old, unreleased KotH layout repurposed for a new take on PD. Neutral flags (souls) spawn at mid and must be delivered to the enemy base to score. Overload the enemy's soul furnace and blow it up! It's like invade CTF with a lot of flags.

This is intended as an entry to MCL's Spookfest Contest, but since it is an old layout, it doesn't actually qualify. Regardless, I am using the contest as motivation to develop the map / gamemode, and I'm hoping that MCL still judges my map even if it cannot win.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Idolon updated Ido Furnace with a new update entry:

a2

-changed flag spawning mechanics:
--flags spawn in a random location near mid
--all flags are worth same score
--upper mid spawns every 4 seconds, lower mid spawns every 8 seconds
-adjusted cap rate (from .55 with .025 offset to .40 with 0 offset)
-adjusted max score (from 50 to 75) (enough flags to win spawn within 3:20)
-added small prop cover on low flank
-added small health to mid low ground
-added small ammo to mid roof
-added finale explosion
-added capture zone holograms for clarity...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
a2 test notes

too easy to camp bases, too hard to push. changes that can help this:
-shrink overall size of mid so there is less ground to push before entering enemy base
-reduce rotation times to give attacking team better tactical options
-add more health to mid so teams can properly hold and push. i deliberately left health out because i worried players would camp mid too easily, but i think health is justified since the layout should function more like 3/5cp than koth
-do teams need medium ammo in their own bases? should an engineer dispenser be assumed? something to consider in future versions if engie camping remains a problem