Idling on the decline?

Apr 19, 2009
So I was looking at tf2stats and something looked different about the front page. achievement_idle was gone! I found it at #14 and when I looked at its page it has been on the decline! Is this finally the end of idling or is it just because of the Demo/Solder update?

P.S. to mods: This has nothing to do with the idler made by Drunkenf00l please don't lock!

Feb 14, 2008
Idling will spike every time a new batch of hats is release, this is just a natural regression as people get the hats they want. So I doubt it'll last for long.

SlayerBlitz

L3: Member
Dec 3, 2009
Ditto man. All the Idlers have already got all the stuff they want. No point in idling if you have all the weapons and hats you wanted.

I am sure valve will try hard to combat idlers with these new weapons. Maybe in order to get the unlockable primary you got to kill (Insert number here) demomen with your current primary and vice versa. Though Im sure we would then see Idle_Demoslaughter

J4CK8

L11: Posh Member
Mar 4, 2009
I have a feeling this map will make on there soon...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx2MutERBC8"]YouTube- CHEATERS!.[/ame]

:( Sure hope valve spot this and deduct several million kills from the soldiers.

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
its cause everyone knows there is no point idling today, when you can idle the same time next week and get NEW WEAPONS AND HATS(?) for doing so.

KaiserFate

L69: Deviant Member
Dec 9, 2009
I figured that kills in the war were only taken from tf2stats VAC-secured servers, or am I wrong?
The video did make me laugh, though. I wonder if the designer realised how sick and evil the idea behind this map was.

Dr. ROCKZO

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Jul 25, 2009
I see Idling becoming popular again as people try to get literally any Item to craft with.