Idea >> KOTH Cruiseship

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by sitebender, Oct 17, 2012.

1. sitebender

sitebender L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    In a discussion, I had an idea for a KOTH that someone might make happen if it doesn't already exist.... 1 ship, 1 KOTH on top. Both spawn rooms would be on lower decks like blue is port, red is stern with intermingling areas on the way to the top.

Then my friend said COD already had something like that.

It can be wrecked and cracked in half if you want to get really creative. You can even make a midieval pirate ship version with only melees.

Anyway.... hopefully someone can make this happen :)

2. Wander

Wander L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    Why don't you go and try to make it yourself..?

3. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    I... don't believe I get to say this...

But, maybe this? I made it as a horrible horrible HORRIBLE joke. Though, it has spawns just like CoD (no zones, just random location)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, I remember that. Quite funny, actually, I took it with a face of "If she likes COD and her kitty Snooki and driving her Ferrari, then how the fuck did she got here?". I couldn't stop thinking in who was behind her, anyway.

5. Fr0Z3nR

aa Fr0Z3nR Creator of blackholes & memes. Destroyer of forums

Positive Ratings:
    it was me. Not one of my best jokes.

6. sitebender

Positive Ratings:
    I downloaded it. There's potential there, but it does need a lot of work. I posted my comments on that map's topic. A ship doesn't need two bridges. Put the control point on the top of the bridge. Have the teams spawn below deck.

I've never played any CoD.

7. sitebender

Positive Ratings:
    I'm not the mapper I used to be (in other games) and now I just lack any sort of time with work. Now I'd rather just play everyone else's maps instead of spend the days and months making a quality one :)

I think about making legit contests to motivate people, but chances are I'd probably offer $20 paypal for the contest winner which probably wouldn't be worth the time or effort. Plus then there's the logistics of doing a contest.

8. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    One of your best maps though.

:p

• Thanks Thanks x 5
  9. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Yeah, Fr0Z3n, I know it was you.

10. sitebender

Positive Ratings:
    I now realize this should have been in the requests area.... coincidental bump.