Idea for a map, koth_sealand

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Jummbl, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Jummbl

Jummbl L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I had an idea for a map when I learned about the micronation of Sealand, an artificial island off the coast of Britain.

It could be made bigger (and have some things added in) for the sake of making it a better map, but I think an artificial island would make a really interesting map. The helepad could have the control point, and the water would kill you upon falling off the edge.

So does anyone think this is a good idea? Has it been done before? I would map it myself, but I'm not very good at mapping yet. I'll try it myself, but I'd really like to see a decent mapper give it a go, and see other people's take.

Here are some pictures of the island, so you get a better understanding of how it would look as a map:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. MegapiemanPHD

aa MegapiemanPHD Doctorate in Deliciousness

Positive Ratings:
    This could be interesting but may have some of the same issues that have been seen with Oil Rig themed maps. No one has really been able to make one of those correctly yet from what I've seen.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    Seems fairly basic. I think you could start off making it a KoTH map so you don't have to worry about making it too complex. It's symmetrical and simple, so it fits that.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Lampenpam

aa Lampenpam

Positive Ratings:
    What kind of issues?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Sergis

aa Sergis L666: ])oo]v[

Positive Ratings:
    the issues are same as every other unfinished map, lack of commitment and subsequent bailing out at the sight of any trouble or a long development

last oilrig map i played had helipad cp and killwater, it was alright

as a map layout this sea land looks pretty basic and square-ish, tho unlike many new mapper maps this one at least has a justification of being a box

so just make it yourself op, only way to get good at mapping is to make 10000 bad maps :p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    There was a pretty darn good oilrig mvm map somewhere

7. Jummbl

Jummbl L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I will, but I'd still like to see someone with talent try too. I really like the concept, and I don't think I could really do it justice.