1. Hey there Guest,

The game servers have moved to semi-dedicated hardware and IPs have changed. Please see front page server widget for up-to-date game server information.

CP Iceberg

Discussion in 'Map Factory' started by A B.A. Survivor, Aug 12, 2012.

1. A B.A. Survivor

A B.A. Survivor L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Notice:
    I can't get anyone to like anything about my map, so I'm officially giving up.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  2. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    Your post makes me think you're unfamiliar with how we operate. We don't look at a map and say this is bad, this is good, change this part. We test. Put it in the next open gameday and see what players say.

3. colacan

colacan L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I can't find the iceberg.

4. MangyCarface

aa MangyCarface Mapper

Positive Ratings:
    Is the water instakill? Because that would be hell

5. RaVaGe

aa RaVaGe

Positive Ratings:
    Actually, it's more an devberg.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  6. GPuzzle

GPuzzle L9: Fashionable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I see dev textures everywhere. Is like cp_orange, but you can make a good map out of it.

7. A B.A. Survivor

A B.A. Survivor L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I know about those, and I'm just waiting until the next one.

8. Toxindude

Toxindude L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    I think there is potential here. I like the area I am assuming will be floating ice? Are all classes able to jump across that or just special jump class? if not I would think a second entry into that area would work with it.

9. Terwonick

Terwonick L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    I kindly ask you to remove this as there are no bad maps, just maps nobody likes. There is a huge difference.

EDIT: wow, that sounds really bad, maps are like coffee and tea, most people love one or the other, just think of your map a new style of coffee that has to be tailored beyond just throwing a bunch of beans together and praying for a good cup, you have to work and add and subtract components to give people a better taste of it. My asking for the "bad map" removal thing still stands though!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  10. samorost

samorost L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    In my opinion, this map looks really good so far. It is in need of polishing indeed, but its basic concept is very cool. (Haha, cool, get it? ...) Looks better than anything I've done so far.

11. Faux Rhinoceros

aa Faux Rhinoceros Also known as Dr. Element

Positive Ratings:
    We played it last night, and we were frustrated over the fact that the HDR was so blindingly high. I'd suggest leaving it out for now :c

Besides that, there is something i quite like about those iceflakes. Keep working on this, and you might actually end up with something quite enjoyable ;D

12. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    Where did the ice texture come from? It doesn't look very TF2-ish.

You may want to go bug Acegikmo to let you have his cp_glacier ice. He probably won't respond, but it's worth a shot.

13. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    I bet if you hunted him down, he'd let you have it. That's what I find when I hunt people down for old content.

14. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    I posted on his profile almost two months ago about releasing his old assets, and he hasn't said anything yet. Then again I don't think Steam actually sends alerts when people post on your profile, for some stupid reason, so he probably just didn't see it.

15. Syzzle

Syzzle L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    They do give you a green message sign on the top of your steam window though.

[​IMG]

16. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    Thats recent though

17. Pocket

aa Pocket func_croc

Positive Ratings:
    For profile posts? Huh. Then I guess he's just ignoring me.

18. Tarry H Sruman

Tarry H Sruman Large Orphanage Proprietor

Positive Ratings:
    My thoughts from the gameday (late but still)

1. The HDR is insanely high. I don't know if it's your lighting, the ice material, or both, but it makes the map almost unplayable with HDR on.

2. Requiring Blu to jump down a ledge right out of spawn is a bad idea. It makes the first point go from way too hard for the attackers to literally impossible, especially given the huge height advantages the defenders have from the beginning.

3. As an attacker, if I go out of the secondary spawn exit (I think it was to the right of my spawn point) I end up at some point way ahead in the level, when the fight is still at the first point. I spent quite a while wandering around the back of the map lost. Block off that door or make it lead somewhere useful.

19. Melvin D Engineere

Melvin D Engineere L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    I know this map has been retired, but it's only now that I got around to uploading a video of Iceberg from the November 11th gameday: TF2: cp_iceberg_a3