Discussion in 'Site Discussion' started by YM, Apr 1, 2008.
LOL, yeah I noticed that this morning as well. Are you able to view people's profiles? Maybe this isn't just me...
Calm down fellas.
We are still working on some stuff and havent decided what will stay and will go.
But if you must have someones head, take DJive's.
Look! Over there!
/me darts away
Just making sure my view is noticed
100 characters and no images is exremely limiting.
Drpepper: (I think you will find that yours breaks the new regulations, if you wish to keep it don't try to edit it!)
Edit: DJ - yours is about 3 times the limit!
pipe down you! :blink:
Besides, mine has a which makes it all OK.
Guys/Gals we are looking in to many things and Improvements both BIG and small to the current site. We thank you and please continue your patience with us as we go through some smaller trail and error
Its incredible how nice this forums is getting, with all the extra's and visually attractive etc.. here, have a thanks.
LOL i laways wonder about those pictures... If the person who sees it goes "Im going to keep this for later for when someone says.."
most of the time i just remember them and google them when i think its appropriate.
other times, i keep the link in my signature plugin with firefox.
i use them a lot at that other forum i told you about.
ooof that looks more painful every time
I was working on a new sig for a couple months now too ....
(doesnt just do mapping slow )
Well, my sig still works just fine.
I actually came here after being a long time member of a Spore fansite that has some very strict signature guidelines. While it may seem a little frustrating, restricting signature images to a lesser number and smaller sizes, as well as restricting the amount of text can SIGNIFICANTLY clean up the look of the forums and make threads far easier to browse.
After being used to having only 300x50 pixels worth of space for ALL my signature images (not just 300x50 per each one) I've become quite accustomed to it. I'm now a pretty strong advocate of smaller, less intrusive signatures.
I've always hated large, obtrusive signatures. I've seen forums where 10% of the screen space was actual text and the other 90% was all signature spam.
if you attempt to change it(unless regulations have been eased) you will find none of your images will work and it will tell you you have too many characters.
I quite agree, the signature should never inflate the size of the post, the information in the right hand column with avatar and information should mark the end of a short post whilst a longer post the signature should add more than 30% of the post size (even that is a lot)
Whilst signatures should be kept long and thin the 100 characters including BB markup is insane, you can have about one decent sentence and thats it if you want a hyperlink that has text saying something else you cant have it because the text+the link will probably be 100+ characters.
Perhaps we should allow:
One image (size regulated to something suitably long and thin)
three lines of text (each line can be 75ish characters long)
anything, provided it is all less than a certain size (suitably long and thin)
I concur with some of the views that Youme has expressed, for I would like to put all of my submissions/maps in mine, yet even WITH short urls, i can fit 2 with the text abbreviated, Note the lack of any spaces in my sig, spaces waste space!
But I can also look at it from a post like "ok" with a sig of 42 Lines length, I just think there should be a happy medium, and I understand the admins are messing with things as we speak(/type).
Keep up the good improvements
PS: My sig is 100 characters long, no wasted space here
I like the obnoxious sigs, but not for here. Looks more pro without all the distracting images. Im not here to announce what class Im good at or how cool I am....
just need the mapping info
Separate names with a comma.