I require assistance!!!

CyberZombie88

L1: Registered
Apr 21, 2009
HOW DO I DO THESE 4 THINGS!!

Ever Since I Began Mapping, i Wondered How To Do These 4 Things. KNOW I NEED TO KNOW MORE THEN EVER!!

1."how to do the moving yellow Spawn doors"-these are located in props, but i cant find out how to make them move/move in a certain time.

2.How Do You Do The Whole arena time open thing, like in lumberyard where once it reaches 3:00 the 2 metal doors open

3.I Need To know Every Texture Name That Valve Uses For There "Original" Maps (EX:blend/rockground001-Floor Stage 1 {examples}, grassground003-Wall,ETC are all the textures used in Dust Bowl) (maybe not all but the main ones used, EX:rock/wall001=wall badlands,bad water ,ETC)

4. I Need everything to know EVERYTHING about explosions (this one is optional, but i digress) (how to make one, how to trigger it EVERYTHING)

(thank you wonderful Community Of TF2Maps.com)
( )
( )
( )
(thank you, CyberZombie88 )

Last edited:

Bot190

L1: Registered
Sep 25, 2008
1: You have to parent them to a func_door which is triggered on round start, cp capping, what ever. Look here for instructions Setup_Gates

2: If your looking to make an arena map look here Making_an_Arena_map. If your just trying to make doors open after a set time you can modify the doors from the first link.

3: Just put tf in the filter box on the texture manager, that way you only see textures used in team fortress 2.

4: Not sure where it is but i think there is a tutorial on putting an explosion into your map. This may be what im thinking of Creating_a_Payload_Map. At the bottom of that page it tells how to put in an explosion for the end of a payload map.

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
Moving to correct forum.

Please check search beforehand =) Also the link my my signature and sticky up top will answer most all your question.

1."how to do the moving yellow Spawn doors"-these are located in props, but i cant find out how to make them move/move in a certain time.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Team-Specific_Doors

2.How Do You Do The Whole arena time open thing, like in lumberyard where once it reaches 3:00 the 2 metal doors open

Bot is right. http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Making_an_Arena_map

3.I Need To know Every Texture Name That Valve Uses For There "Original" Maps (EX:blend/rockground001-Floor Stage 1 {examples}, grassground003-Wall,ETC are all the textures used in Dust Bowl) (maybe not all but the main ones used, EX:rock/wall001=wall badlands,bad water ,ETC)

In hammer bring up texture browser and type "TF" in the filters box.

4. I Need everything to know EVERYTHING about explosions (this one is optional, but i digress) (how to make one, how to trigger it EVERYTHING)

Not sure on this one as i haven't made one yet.

HeaH

L8: Fancy Shmancy Member
Oct 2, 2008
Also, the Steam chat is quite good for simple questions like this ;)