Texture I need textures/models for my map!

BuyALifeTF2

L1: Registered
Dec 31, 2015
Hello!
I'm making a map called koth_beachside.
I was planning it to be in the workshop for possible showcase and of course showcasing here.

So if any one could help, add me on my skype @gotabucketofchicken
It would show up as "Asriel Dreemurr (BuyALifeTF2)"

Note that if you added me for no reason, I will remove you.
Please state your reasoning for adding me.

Thanks and have fun
- Fenikkusu/BuyALifeTF2

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
You can tell us what you want here, so we know what you're requesting.

BuyALifeTF2

Dec 31, 2015
You can tell us what you want here, so we know what you're requesting.
Beachhouse,
Sand,
Sea Water,
And a few custom models I need to think of.
Here's some shit concept art.
6ae5fec1763b90876c140229d7ad2fc1

SnickerPuffs

(*single chuckle*)
aa
Apr 10, 2014
It's fine for a concept, but do you think you should get a rough base out first?

Aspirations are fine and all, but to patent a product you need more than a diagram.

BuyALifeTF2

Dec 31, 2015
It's fine for a concept, but do you think you should get a rough base out first?

Aspirations are fine and all, but to patent a product you need more than a diagram.
Oh, I've planned most of it. This isn't the only sketch, I have other images of concepts, exits, and gameplay ideas.

EDIT: Rough base. Oohhh. I should work on that.

Tumby

aa
May 12, 2013
I dont want to use other's peoples things. It makes me feel bad. Idk why.
Lots of things you are using right now are made by other people. Besides, people like 3Dnj are pretty well known for having been part of this community too. (Or still are. Not sure.) So if somebody makes models specificaly for you it's barely any different I think.
I'm just confusing myself at this point.
Beachhouse, Sand, Sea Water, And a few custom models I need to think of.
Everything you just mentioned either already exists or can be made with brushwork. I don't see why a beachhouse needs to be a model.
There is a great detail-map called detail2014_killohurtz which is a pretty nice beach area. From what I know nobody had to make any special models for it. Any models you do find there are either ingame or exist somewhere to be useable for everyone. You can find it here: http://tf2maps.net/threads/detail-mini-contest-2014-voting-thread.23883/

And getting back to the fact that you want to make a map: First comes the gameplay, then comes the detailing. You can do both at the same time, but there is always a good chance you will waste a huge load of time with something that ends up getting removed. So unless your map isn't meant to be seriously played whatsoever, you should reconsider the order you work in. (Seeing that it is koth, you probably do want actual gameplay.)

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014
I dont want to use other's peoples things. It makes me feel bad. Idk why.
The whole point of content packs is for them to be used by other people. They'd be pretty useless otherwise :p