I need some help getting custom ringtones onto my cell phone

Kazagin

L3: Member
Aug 4, 2009
I just got a new phone the other day, but I can't figure out how to get custom ringtones onto it.
Here's the myCricket page for it.
It advertises custom ringtones as well as internal storage, so I'd assume it would be possible to download custom ringtones for it.
Problem is, I can't figure out how to load ringtones onto my phone.
I tried plugging it into my computer VIA a Mini-USB Cable, and it said that it couldn't find the drivers required.
There's an option to "get new ringtones", but that starts up my Phone's browser and I'm afraid I'll have to pay extra because that isn't included on my Cricket plan.

Also, what is the format for phone ringtones? I don't want to finally get the ringtone on my phone only to find out that I need to convert it.

I figured I'd come here to ask because you guys are really helpful. :D
If this kind of topic isn't allowed in the Off Topic area, please let me know.

Terr

Cranky Coder
aa
Jul 31, 2009
Two things to try:

1. Put the data on an SD/micro-SD card, if the camera has a place to slot one in.
2. Use bluetooth if you have a computer or laptop that supports it.

Myself, my Samsung A737 works (with a lot of trial and error) with my work laptop's Bluetooth functionality, so I just put on any .mp3 (22 seconds max) or .mid and it usually works.

Kazagin

Aug 4, 2009
How do I know if my computer supports BlueTooth?
(It's a Dell Inspiron 518, by the way)

Kazagin

Aug 4, 2009
Double Post: My PC doesn't support BlueTooth, nor does any other PC I can get to.
My phone doesn't have any SD Card support whatsoever.
Is there any other way I can get a custom ringtone or am I stuck with the 5 obnoxious default ones?

grazr

Old Man Mutant Ninja Turtle
aa
Mar 4, 2008
Can your phone access emails? You could email a song to yourself and dl it on your phone that way. Or get someone else to acquire the song on their phone and bluetooth it to your phone.

Kazagin

Aug 4, 2009
I can try Emailing the song, but I have no idea what my phone's email address would be...