I need help with gamemode

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by Flaffy, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Flaffy

Flaffy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    I'm currently working on a cp map like cp_manor (mann_manor), but the capture points I've copy-pasted are A + B = C
    I need A -> B -> C
    I can't find it anywhere on youtube, or on valves website. I thought that I could get some help here.

Need help as quick as possible,
    (I'm not in the 72hr contest)

2. Soilbleed

Soilbleed L2: Junior Member

Positive Ratings:
    If I understand correctly, what you're needing is the player to Cap Point A first, then B and finally C corrrect?

If so, on your team_Control_point entity for point B set the Property [BLUE Previous Point 1] to your team_control_point A and set point C's [BLUE Previous Point1] to Point A and [BLUE Previous Point 2] to Point B.

So logic wise, Blue need to capture Point A before they can capture point B, and they need to capture both point A and B to capture point C. Hope this helps.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Flaffy

Flaffy L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Thanks! It worked, and now I can continue with my map :)

4. tyler

aa tyler snail prince, master of a ruined tower

Positive Ratings:
    You should read up on capture point documentation. This is a pretty basic question in terms of entity setups, and I don't mean to chide you for asking about it, but it's also incredibly simple to figure out from the official specs.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2/Creating_a_Capture_Point

This is the basic stuff. It really behooves one to read the VDC as much as possible.