I just started leaning mapping and got a weird error

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by TheArtofWarPIGEONMASTER, Apr 7, 2016.

1. TheArtofWarPIGEONMASTER

TheArtofWarPIGEONMASTER L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    [SOLVED]

So when i launch the map is i go RED team i get spawn outside the map and apparently i got a leak on bly spawn but i checked and rechecked and can't find it.
    Compile Log:

I will appreciate your help ;D​

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. Muddy

Server Staff Muddy Muddy

Positive Ratings:
    There's the bit to pay attention to. Copy those co-ordinates and go to View > Go To Co-ordinates and paste them there. You can also load a pointfile (which makes a red line appear, showing you where the leak is) by going to Maps > Load Pointfile.

3. sevin

aa sevin

Positive Ratings:
    As Muddy said, your light_env is somewhere outside the map. Bring it back in and you should be golden (heh).

4. TheArtofWarPIGEONMASTER

Positive Ratings:
    i tried that, my light was inside the spawn room, and the line draw by pointfile was going from the ligh to outside (through middle of a wall), i'll try to make a box all around it tomorraw to see if it solves anything

5. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    If it's going through the wall then the wall isn't sealing the map.

6. Crowbar

aa Crowbar perfektoberfest

Positive Ratings:
    Probably your wall is a brush entity. If you need it to be a brush entity, place a world brush behind it so it will seal the map. If you don't, select brush entity and click "Move to World" at entity panel (also Ctrl+W works, but i'm not sure with the shortcut). This (clickable) article should be helpful.

7. TheArtofWarPIGEONMASTER

Positive Ratings:
    So, i made a box all over the map, and deleted the light also chaged texture inside spawns (it was skybox), but i still have problems:
    Blu spawn: when i run the map, there is a missing wall, also, i can't exit spawn, the door open, but i get blocked
    Red spawn: well, when i run the map the only thing i see is the trigger volume of red spawn, the walls, the doors... missing

8. DJ Sylveon

DJ Sylveon L3: Member

Positive Ratings:
    More than likely you got brushes mixed up. Probably flipped your triggers and world brushes switched...somehow. just go back in and check. Also that wall preventing you from leaving spawn, is that your respawn room visualizer? If so there's your problem.

Also with errors http://www.interlopers.net/index.php?page=errors <-----this site is awesome with helping out with that.
    When you get your log click copy to clipboard and past it in the box there and it will check it and tell you what it is, how it will effect your map, and even how to fix it if its serious.

9. iiboharz

aa iiboharz Meme Queen

Positive Ratings:
    You don't have any compile errors anymore, at this point any issues you're having are the result of human error.

10. TheArtofWarPIGEONMASTER

Positive Ratings:
    you where right, for the missing spawn room and wall, i had misclicked on set the wall instead of the trigger ty, solved everything ;D
    yep, i messed up a bit

11. TheArtofWarPIGEONMASTER

Positive Ratings:
    Oh, And is it possible to have a different sky in the spawns than in between them? i tried but seems i get the same sky

12. henke37

aa henke37

Positive Ratings:
    Each map can only have one skybox.

13. Vel0city

aa Vel0city func_fish

Positive Ratings: