I have spread my presence to here as well

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by neutrallyBiassed, Sep 6, 2015.

1. neutrallyBiassed

neutrallyBiassed L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    As a counter strike mapper who just wants to make crazy huge maps where could my talents go outside tf2? to all those familiar with me, you shouldn't be, since I am no celebrity. forget I had any existence before this post. this magnificent greeting post sparking an empire of mapping mediocrity. be forewarned as my maps are of average quality and I have no major talent for mapping. I just get things done. slowly. <maniacal laughter>

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    Hardly magnificent.

3. neutrallyBiassed

Positive Ratings:
    or is it, since I have a microwaved casserole.</maniacal laughter>

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  4. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    You might think your casserole is hot stuff but this image says otherwise.

5. Kraken

Kraken Few more zeros and ones for the site to proccess

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome to the forums.

6. neutrallyBiassed

Positive Ratings:
    thanks, I feel welcome. for a more formal introduction;

I have been on steam for 6 years and have been mapping for about 5. my earliest maps have been lost in time so don't ask about them ever. they were horrible but I learned from every one of them. I mostly do layouts and brushwork but am pushing myself to do a lot more detailing than previously. I even have a method to the madness too. currently I am working on wake island for tf2 but there are no good tf2 beach textures. I was able to compile it once and it took my PC a couple of hours on fast. keep it noted that there are no buildings yet so I'll need a bit of help fully compiling. I use a laptop with 4 GB of ram so map size is somewhat a problem for me as well as play-testing, since I don't get good latency on mobile networks. currently I am going to a Jewish post high school learning program so basically I learn about the origins of all laws, how to be a better person, and about real angels and demons. I make chainmaile and have a suit of armour so far that covers my chest and abdomen. I am a decent chef and can work my way around any kitchen.

I would like to know what I must do in order to post maps to this forum

7. worMatty

aa worMatty Repacking Evangelist

Positive Ratings:
    You can add maps to the Downloads section. Just click on it and you'll see the Add Download button on the right hand side.

Before you upload a map, you should repack it to make it small. Please read this post to see how.

If you would like to have a map tested, join our Steam group chat room and inquire about impromptu tests. Or keep a lookout for threads in the Server Events forum about the Game Days we have on Fridays and Saturdays.

That's an interesting hobby, making chainmail.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. MaccyF

aa MaccyF Notoriously Unreliable

Positive Ratings:
    IIRC Counter Strike uses the half life scale (128hu high walls etc.) Be careful your maps aren't tiny!

Also Hi :D

• Thanks Thanks x 1