I have an Idea, curious to see if it would be possible?

Exelaratore

L2: Junior Member
Mar 18, 2013
I have an idea for a map that I had been thinking about for a while, would it be possible to have a map that when joined, all players would be infinitely cursed and be always small? (you know, the mouse spell you could cast in helltower to make your player shrink?) I think it'd be really cool to have a permanent effect much like that spell, minus the speed increase and melee only however. If this is possible then I was thinking that I could base the map off this effect and make doorways smaller and just make the gameplay really unique. Kinda like a Chibi version of Tf2?

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
Trigger_add_tf_player_condition
75 : TF_COND_HALLOWEEN_TINY

Also thats aterrible idea for a serious map. For a joke map though that might be enjoyable.
And just fyi, there is a reason you're limited in size. Weapons don't scale. Massive rockets / pipes / sentry guns wouldnt be fun at all.
If you wanna make chibi tf2 just scale the map up like those ever popular toy fort maps.

Last edited:

Exelaratore

L2: Junior Member
Mar 18, 2013
So everything works! I understand that this would not prove to be a great 'serious' map, but with the methods I plan on carrying this map out might make the map quite enjoyable (hopefully!). I've tested the height and width of the 'small' mercenaries and they can fit into tunnels normal sized mercs cannot. (totally sweet!).
YQ2N3lu.jpg

V1iueBT.jpg

also there is no speed boost or 'melee only' which is perfect, the only downside is that the knockback is increased. My map idea is definitely leaning more towards the joke map side but with some order if I can manage!

I like this idea so much I'm making custom overlays to fit the theme. :3
WJhBV4G.jpg

Lain

lobotomy success story
aa
Jan 8, 2015
You could make a haunted mansion styled map with mousehole shortcuts scattered about.

worMatty

Repacking Evangelist
aa
Jul 22, 2014
I am intrigued!

MoonFox

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 17, 2015
to be honest, I'd like to play on this map, but yea, try for toy fort, and that reminds me of something funny you could do.
there is a poni map that exists, where you can travel to the skybox, which is main area, but now you are giant. could be a deathrun like map to get back to normal size

ConradBenderfry

L1: Registered
Jul 13, 2013
If you're going with "little littl' maaan" approach, I'd recommend stick with "giant room" map. Forts made from pencils, notebooks, or you could create sandbox with sand castles or something like that. You kind of inspired me to make something like that too

Pocket

Half a Lambert is better than one.
aa
Nov 14, 2009
Like Lain said, if literally everyone is going to be tiny then why not just make the map giant and dispense with the hacks? The only drawback is that you'd need to modify any props you want to use so they match the scale of the map (or get someone else to do it for you).