I have a little jeep on a track that randomly changes speeds and rubber bands around

Eishaaya

L1: Registered
Aug 15, 2019
upload_2019-8-15_21-59-2.png

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
func_tracktrain, by default, should move at a consistent speed. You'll need to provide more information for anyone to help. The entity setup for func_tracktrains can be kind of complex, so I'd recommend sharing your .vmf. If you don't want to share your whole map, just do a Save As and strip out everything not related to the tracktrain.

Eishaaya

Aug 15, 2019
I fixed the consistency and turned it into a tank

I also figured out the rubber banding happens when the tank turns

Here's the VMF, can you also tell me how to fix the little doors that derp around in blue base?

Attachments

• depression.vmf
    488 KB · Views: 99

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
As far as I know, nobody has ever really done a good implementation of rotating doors in TF2, since they open automatically and push players out of the way. I would recommend using a shutter door instead. If you really want a rotating door, make it non-solid and put an invisible shutter door in the same spot.

Idolon

they/them
aa
Feb 7, 2008
Ah, my bad. I didn't compile the map and made an assumption on what the problem was.

upload_2019-8-16_19-49-26.png

Brush-based entities have an origin point shown by this circle in the 2D view (or a blue orb in the 3D view). Drag it to where you want the hinge for the door to be.

Eishaaya

Aug 15, 2019
Thanks, that might explain the majorly offset turning angle that turns the tank around instead of actually turning it too.

This is my first map, so I'm gonna screw a lot of stuff up