I have a few problems with my mvm map

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by kufte, Apr 18, 2017.

1. kufte

kufte L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    To start off, the hurt trigger on point will always be on even tho I set it to be active after capture, the carrier gets teleported back to spawn, the lighting maybe is bit off. This is what I have problems with right now, can you help?

Attached Files:

2. Nicky

aa Nicky Lets try something new!

Positive Ratings:
    I can't check the vmf right now because I'm not at my computer, but I'm guessing your trigger_hurt has "Start Disabled" set to "No". Change that to "Yes".

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Erk

aa Erk erk

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Like what nick says, you need to set it to start disabled.

Also you have the map entirely in fullbright, meaning that you have zero light sources in your map. Adding a light_environment will make your map look better.

Another problem that I saw that wasn't asked by you was that the spawns are directly over a deathpit.
    [​IMG]

The player spawns are nearly teetering off the cliff into the death pit below.

[​IMG]

You've also got reds respawn room not named red_respawnroom, so the respawnroom visualizer doesnt have an attached respawn room.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kufte

Positive Ratings:
    Screenshot 2017-04-18 20.57.44.png
    I fixed the trigger and the respawnroom visualizer, but i have a light_environment
    Screenshot 2017-04-18 20.57.44.png
    and this is the result 20170418211413_1.jpg
    sadly i cant show the teleportation of the bombo carrier, because my pc is a potato, but you can have the bsp, nav and a pop filter

Attached Files:

5. Erk

aa Erk erk

Positive Ratings:
    [​IMG]

Your brightness is set to 200 which is very, very low. I believe setting the brightness to 600 will help maintain visibility.

If that doesn't work, you can see how Valve makes their lights and environments with the decompiled maps here: https://tf2maps.net/threads/valve-maps-decompiled.5952/

6. killohurtz

aa killohurtz Distinction in Applied Carving

Positive Ratings:
    Your lighting looks weird because your sun pitch is nearly 90 degrees (that's directly overhead). If you pick an angle between 25-75 it will look much more natural. As for the upgrade station, its origin is probably buried in a brush so it's not receiving any light.

7. kufte

Positive Ratings:
    ok, but i tried moving the station it is still black probably of mat_phong 0. Also, how do I fix this?
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTyAfaT7KU
    (it is this way, because my pc is a potato and it is unwatchable otherwise)

8. MOCOLONI

MOCOLONI L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    "mat_phong 0" is known to cause the black texture issue on the upgrade station. You could try doing a workaround with the "info_lighting" entity, which should override the upgrade station's lighting assigned by the map itself for the closest one to the info_lighting's entity, but I'm not sure whether it would fix it because you're using "mat_phong 0".