I Hate Mountains!

Pooluke41

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 24, 2010
Now to ask People for Money! So I can Buy L4D...

Okrag

Wall Staples
aa
Jun 10, 2009
I don't think I could go back to L4D1 at this point. Hopefully the port happens.

Vincent

&#128296 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi &#128296
aa
Sep 5, 2009
Why do people like L4D over L4D2?
L4D2 brings so much more depth into the game, seriously spamming around with the shotgun is fun and all but holy god that pretty much sums up everything. Doesn't matter what map you're on all you need is an auto shotty, a health kit, some pills, a pipe, and you're set. Hold the fire button and nothing can stop you.

sniprpenguin

L6: Sharp Member
Mar 14, 2008
I'll have to try this when it comes out. Certainly took them long enough.

Now, the whole L4D/L4D2 thing I think sums up like this:

Those who like Campaign prefer L4D, for likable characters and nice co-op.
Those who like Versus prefer L4D2, for more depth on the infected side.

/oversimplifying

Pooluke41

L5: Dapper Member
Feb 24, 2010
Listen, Get Francis, and Nick add a Token Black Guy, and A woman and the Game = FUUUUUUUUUN!!!!111One! and add Keith to the mix for some real handicaps with tanks....

Bermuda Cake

L9: Fashionable Member
Feb 20, 2009
L4D > L4D2... because:

1. Melee always works
2. Specials can't hit you while stunned from a melee
3. Infected can't run and hit
4. Lulls and peaks
5. More atmosphere

However, L4D2 allows for custom weapons, infected, survivors, and other cool stuff for the map maker. It's a tough choice. If they could give the l4d1 sdk as much freedom as l4d2, then it l4d1 would be the clear winner.

Also I like louis

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Icarus and I played it and it's very underwhelming, but worth 1 play through for the (lack of a better word) lulz.

Stage 2 and 3 are so bad. And even though it suddenly becomes more fun in stages 4 and 5, it never manages to stick out as any better than the default campaigns. It's 3 guys who can build a technically sound map but don't know level design.

Also, the graphics are good, yes. But apart from a number of tree models most of the "custom" content is ripped straight from the Episode 2 and (oddly enough) TF2 caches. It's blatant thievery.

Last edited:

Dr. Spud

Grossly Incandescent
aa
Mar 23, 2009
Well, that was what Icarus and I took from it.

Interestingly enough Icarus joined a game earlier today with some Valve employees, and they pretty much had the same opinion. :bored:

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
I played with Chet and two other Valve guys, and later again with spud and two randos.

We were all pretty underwhelmed by it. It LOOKED nice, but the gameplay was pretty lacking. There is no sense of direction in the maps, save for the occasional arrow sign (they overuse it imo).

The multiple branching paths sound like a nice idea, but were executed in such a way that it was so easy to get lost and end up in big circle.

The second stage, the manor, was just terribad. Signs that point the wrong way, confusing layout, and possibly the most confusing Crecendo event ever.

There are a supreme lack of lights in the second and third stages. As Chet said, there's just too much darkness without any breaks. Combined with poor direction and hectic horde attacks, it can get really nasty really easily, and you really start to feel fatigued.

It looked nice, but I did'nt really have much fun until we got to the fourth stage. Which also turned out to be really short :(

3/5 Stars

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2010
Well, they seem to disagree with you and your opinions and that's their right. I haven't played it, so I can't say.

Nov 14, 2009
I personaly loved the campaign. The manor was incredibly confusing, though. However, after out team realized that we had to stay together, we did fine. My only real complaint is the real overabundance of dropdowns. So many, that if I just walked backwards anywhere, I was afraid that I would fall in to one.

Im sad to hear that the Valve guys didnt like it, though. I personally would like it if they added this as an offical map.

BTW: Icarus and spud, which difficulty were you on?
I played on advanced.