I had some free time

Guyovick

L1: Registered
Jun 21, 2008
Hi,

I just graduated from college and realized this was the first time in 5 years that I actually had time for gaming. I've begun to hone my TF2 skills (mainly demoman) and have decided to give mapping a try. I have a map in progress cp_Scapel. I plan on posting it in the WIP section when I deem it good enough to hold up to criticism.

Steam ID is Guyovick

Géza!

L4: Comfortable Member
May 12, 2008
Welcome here!

I see, I'm not the only one who loves Demoman, it's a good starting class.

About the map: well, it's a bit abstract, but that's not a problem. But using HL2 props (And textures.) is a big NO in TF2 mapping. (To sort out textures, type TF in keywords.)

Otherwise I hope you'll feel good here. I found a great community on thsi site. :)

Guyovick

L1: Registered
Jun 21, 2008
Early stages

Yeah, this is the first area that I started working on. I still have work to do. I had heard about not using HL2 models/texture but by the time I heard it I already had already used a lot of models/textures. Is there any easy way to find out which models/textures are HL2 without clicking on each prop/surface?

Géza!

L4: Comfortable Member
May 12, 2008
To find out what is from HL2, type hl2 (or hl?) under the keywords tab in texture browser, but with this you can find TF2 textures easily too.

Anyway, I recommend to retexture your map with TF2 texures, because everyone will complain about this.