I had some free time

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Guyovick, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Guyovick

Guyovick L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Hi,

I just graduated from college and realized this was the first time in 5 years that I actually had time for gaming. I've begun to hone my TF2 skills (mainly demoman) and have decided to give mapping a try. I have a map in progress cp_Scapel. I plan on posting it in the WIP section when I deem it good enough to hold up to criticism.

Steam ID is Guyovick

2. Géza!

Géza! L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    Welcome here!

I see, I'm not the only one who loves Demoman, it's a good starting class.

About the map: well, it's a bit abstract, but that's not a problem. But using HL2 props (And textures.) is a big NO in TF2 mapping. (To sort out textures, type TF in keywords.)

Otherwise I hope you'll feel good here. I found a great community on thsi site. :)

3. Guyovick

Guyovick L1: Registered

Positive Ratings:
    Early stages

Yeah, this is the first area that I started working on. I still have work to do. I had heard about not using HL2 models/texture but by the time I heard it I already had already used a lot of models/textures. Is there any easy way to find out which models/textures are HL2 without clicking on each prop/surface?

4. Géza!

Géza! L4: Comfortable Member

Positive Ratings:
    To find out what is from HL2, type hl2 (or hl?) under the keywords tab in texture browser, but with this you can find TF2 textures easily too.

Anyway, I recommend to retexture your map with TF2 texures, because everyone will complain about this.