L2: Junior Member
Sep 29, 2017
look at this!
sub.PNG

Crowbar

Spiritual preprocessor
aa
Dec 19, 2015
A thing I'd really advise you to do less is tell common knowledge in a way that it sounds like obscure / in a condescending way ("u know"), this makes you look like you want to pretend to know something without actually knowing much. If that's about it to your knowledge, try understanding more of the subject (mapping in our case). The punctuation and capitalization, or a lack thereof, don't help either.

Jul 30, 2014
Maybe think about why you are getting the respectfully disagrees, and then changing how you post to get less of them?

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
My vote's for "none of the above." Going through your post history, I can suggest a few things:
  • Pay closer attention to the dates on threads before replying. Several of your posts are on threads that have already been resolved for weeks and add nothing of value. This is known as "necroposting" and it's considered bad forum etiquette.
  • Try to pick one map and stick with it while you're learning. Putting out a bunch of low-effort maps at once sends the message that you don't really care about improving, and you just want to build a portfolio as quickly as possible. Quality over quantity, as they say.
  • Don't give smart-ass answers like "get hammer again." It makes you look like a jerk.
Nobody here is going to disagree with your posts for no reason. Just take it as a sign that you're doing something wrong, and make an honest effort to adjust to the community. You can still turn this around.

Muddy

Muddy
aa
Sep 5, 2014

Asd417

Sample Text
aa
Mar 20, 2016
I guess its a rather common thing for new comers to be 'hit in the head' with those red cross sign. Its natural. It looks scary at first because you feel like you committed a sin. There are more than 7 billion people on this planet. You think you can't have anyone who respectfully disagree with you just because this is a smaller community?

Look, I dont know what you did exactly, but that red cross just means do some retrospect. It doesn't hurt unless your pride is piercing the sky.

Mar 23, 2013
It's a disagree button, not dislike. Nobody is thinking bad of you just because you have some of the x ratings. Sometimes it's used as mark a "bad post" but your posts can be perfectly fine but you get the disagree rating since someone just *disagrees*. Its great to have a rating instead of needing to make a new post to voice your opinion.

Though if the rating is easily interpreted as a dislike button, perhaps the rating should be invisible on the profile?

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2013
Also pineapple pizza is clearly the best pizza by far. There is no better than pineaple pizza.

:ig:

Last edited:

Urban

aa
Jul 27, 2009
iirc you have to have 100 or more posts to use the "respectfully disagree" button.