I cant load my map D:

FlashinkaTycinka

L1: Registered
Oct 18, 2016
When i try to load my training map (I think about 9 walls and 11 props) it gives me this error :
Out of memory loading solid
Followed by :
File E:\programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\sourcesdk_content\tf\mapsrc\training_anotherone.vmf, line 1762: error 7
And then it crashes. Even tho it was a training map, I wana load it.
BTW. Im using Boojum Snark´s TF2 Mapping Resource Pack and when I tried to trubbleshoot it I had an unchanging 21% used memory. Anything would be helpfull. Thanks.

BTW. I will include the vmf map file

Attachments

• training_anotherone.vmf
    67.8 KB · Views: 180

killohurtz

Distinction in Applied Carving
aa
Feb 22, 2014
We meet again, corrupted brush error! I've fixed your vmf for you, but I'm also gonna quote myself here so you'll know what to do if it ever happens again. Thankfully, this is one of the least threatening things that can happen to your vmf.
Don't worry, this error is easily fixable - you just have to know your way around a VMF opened in a text editor. Before you do anything, though, make a copy of the corrupted VMF in case you accidentally delete something you shouldn't.

Once you open the map in a text editor (I recommend Notepad++) find the line number mentioned in the error - 34942 - and look around for any solids containing coordinates with 1.#QNAN or -1.#IND. You should see something like this:

NPvwHfs.png

Remove the brush from your map by deleting the ENTIRE solid class. That's the word "solid" and everything from that first bracket to its matching closing bracket. Then, use CTRL+F to find any similar solids and delete those too. Once you've gotten all the invalid brushes, you should be able to open your map again and recreate them.

Attachments

• training_anotherone_.vmf
    60.1 KB · Views: 182