I can't help but question what we are doing wrong.

THE__DRIFTER

L1: Registered
May 12, 2009
After trying in many facets to bring traffic to our server; both with standard maps and with customs downloaded here; what are we doing wrong? Opinions please as I am at whits end on what to do to make us popular. Ideas and recommendations would be appreciated. Currently there is only 5 maps running; all custom maps from here. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Void

Local Man Unable To Map, Sources Say
aa
Sep 14, 2008
Use very well-known good customs.

Or wait 'til the next update and use the new maps, those are always Server-fillers.

Icarus

aa
Sep 10, 2008
It's difficult, but you need to get yourself a good base of regulars. Socialize with your players, add them to your friends, don't run large maps, etc.

THE__DRIFTER

L1: Registered
May 12, 2009
Thanks for the move. I put all our members on notice as I am tired of supporting a useless community. I really believe in supporting things here and since I am the admin of our group and very dismayed I will be dropping things there and looking for a new place to be. I really want and need to be involved in a community that wants to get involved and it seems that the one I created doesn't fit in. Where can I go......

Altaco

L420: High Member
Jul 3, 2008
The thing is, this community spends more time mapping than actually playing tf2 for the most part. To build regulars for a server, it needs to have people in it a good portion of the time which apart from gamedays, ours hardly ever does.

Apr 19, 2009
Let me give you a breakdown of 2f2f as an example...

We have 4196 number of registered users.

Only 2,633 are in the Steam Group. (required for viewing the forums)

About~~ 1,000 or so are on the server every so often.

Only about~~ 300 or so are active members on the forums.

In conclusion, despite the appearance of having over 4,000 members in reality we only have about 300 "real" members.

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
this.

you need to have a large group or a small of dedicated members to start a server.

Galago

L2: Junior Member
Sep 29, 2008
I run both a clan and a server at once, so I always have easy access to people who'll help me start up my server. The interesting thing is, I just need ~3 people; we get a small game started, as and soon as I know it, my server's brimming with people. Oh yeah, and I run a fully vanilla server: no customs here bub.

EDIT: Ah, sorry, didn't see the post date on this one.