Hydro/Badwater lighting so bright

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by BagOfChips, May 27, 2010.

1. BagOfChips

BagOfChips L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I'm trying my hand at a hydro themed map, and I was testing how the lighting looks from hydro/badwater and both of them are extremely bright when shining on whites: [​IMG]

It looks worse in game(I have to squint), dunno why screenshot made it darker. I flew around hydro and couldn't find any areas that were as bright. Anyhow, I'm trying to modify the badwater lighting and can't figure out how to simply make it darker. Thanks.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  2. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    Simply change the light_env to a darker color.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Grim Tuesday

aa Grim Tuesday

Positive Ratings:
    Lower the brightness in the light_env
    EDIT: Realized that I just paraphrased Vincent. Thats what I get for having the "post reply" open for 10 minutes.

4. Vincent

aa Vincent 🔨 Grandmaster Lizard Wizard Jedi 🔨

Positive Ratings:
    That too.

5. PL-7764

PL-7764 L6: Sharp Member

Positive Ratings:
    Sorry, this is totally off-topic, but ... which textures are those on that outside floor/wall? They look perfect for something I'm trying to do... :O

On-topic ... I think the best solution's already been given, so nothing to add there... :p

6. alecom

alecom L8: Fancy Shmancy Member

Positive Ratings:
    nature/ground03 or something I believe

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. BagOfChips

BagOfChips L5: Dapper Member

Positive Ratings:
    I did that, and my map went pitch black. Maybe I messed something up with it. I'll try again in the morning.

8. YM

aa YM LVL100 YM

Positive Ratings:
    Make sure you have the env_tonemap_control and logic_auto to go with it when you copy lighting entities otherwise your HDR will bleach out.