Huwareyou's map collection

Oct 15, 2018
Over my mapping career thus far I have made 16 maps, of which I'd say about half are what I'd consider 'good' or 'tolerable'. I'm going to be giving these maps up for adoption as I simply lack the motivation, time, effort, and to be frank, the skill, to improve many of these maps.

Would be preferable if those who choose any of my maps are a skilled map maker or have experience in adopting maps before. Sorry if this sounds rude I just want to see these maps being the best they can be.

Without further ado, here are the maps I'll be giving to you, the people:

plr_mead - My favourite map that I worked on, both thematically and gameplay-wise. Main problem is that the brushwork around mid is very sloppy and lot of the map is angled weirdly. The last area has some groovy angled geometry but doesn't play particularly well
arena_exhaust - An arena map that plays well but is very basic - generally seen as 'boring' by players so I dropped it. It plays fine however, so if anyone wants to detail one of these maps I recommend this one :).
pl_dubious - A payload map that I reworked a few times. The layout for some areas aren't half bad but it could be so much better. The last area in particular is a key problem with the map, as the brushwork remained unchanged from a1 (Summer of 2021) to a3 (Early 2022).
plr_aluminium - My first payload race map :). The last area is pretty neat (although very cramped and ultimately flawed), and the middle area is rather dapper.If you choose this map you must promise to keep the full health kit cave ;).
cp_entrepot - First of my 'new generation maps' (Late 2021 onwards). The first point area is pretty neat, and the last area could be interesting if it was less under scaled.
cp_huw2cp - A 2cp attack defend map that changed theme and layout completely between versions. The A point is overscaled and the B point is underscaled. However the areas between A and B are pretty interesting and I think play well.
pl_ambition - It really pains me to put this one on here since I was so proud of it and spent a lot of time on it. The map is ultimately flawed, with lots of tight 90 degree angles, some awful sightlines, and generally is very blu-sided.

Feel free to change absolutely anything in any of these maps. My only condition is that I am given credit for the original maps :)

Any questions about my thought process or general ideas for the maps, just ask, either here or on the tf2maps discord. I'd be happy to help!

Thanks for being such a supportive community over the years and happy mapping :)

- Huwareyou

Last edited:

Tiftid

the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil
aa
Sep 10, 2016
It would be convenient if you provided a VMF download for these so I wouldn't have to decompile to actually work on one.
Unless it's a, like, "DM me if you actually want the VMF" type of deal, like what Ismac has going.