CTF Hush

Boccow

L1: Registered
Jul 20, 2014
CTF_Hush is set in a Mann.co warehouses complex at the first lights of the morning.

The bases are positioned on two hills, facing each one. To reach the top you have to advancing through the warehouses, ideal for brutal close combat.

I'm Hungry for Feedbacks!

Last edited:

puxorb

L69: Emoticon
aa
Dec 15, 2013
I did a bit of testing with bots for overall size and trying to learn routes and such. This map looks very promising and was super fun to play on. Anyway, have some feedback:

The center of this map is its strongest; its incredibly diverse and offers many routes and interesting geometry. Overall I think it is good for all classes, even engineers with the side-yards with the shipping containers. One complaint though: this one is self explanatory. Can you guess which team this heavy is on? Get some light entities in here.
36BCB7D00E91BBB88E3C47B1B7CC3952EB839FA2

Just a personal thing. I hate paper thin walkways, but if you can justify it in detailing, by all means go ahead. But for now try to make them at least 4 units thick.
6E1777756CCC105C6C0F923681DEB0BC3DDB0896

I noticed that you like to use this stair model a lot.
420FCB3908F2D7A35A74EB4F2DD615372B773492

You have already proven that you can do better! Make the other ones out of brush. (Remember to func_detail them and put a triangle playerclip inside.)
EB0EB874CD68D1EF7DE969D6D0800252498BAFF1

And lastly I think this area can benefit from being simplified. There are a lot of small doors right next to each other, which can be replaced by fewer, larger doors. (I'm mostly talking about the area on the right of the screenshot.)
7F8B30CD3180FCC84C69BDCD08681BCC73D307B9

Altogether I think this is a wonderful first map. It should be fun to test.

Boccow

Jul 20, 2014
Thanks for the feedbacks guys! i'm happy to see the map is fun to play because it was my biggest fear to create something boring!

Map and screenshots updated!

A2 24/10/14

- Add light entities in the central building of the map and in other dark places.
- Improved the warehouses with new stairs and bigger rooms.
- Improved and add another walkways
- Add small Ammo and Health pickup in Intel rooms and one medium Health pickup in the 2nd floor of the central building.
- Start to add some props like crates.
- Add more details around the map.
- Update screenshots

Next days i'm going to start texturing and make a better lighting. Thanks again guys! :)

Dain

L3: Member
Oct 21, 2009
Thanks for the feedbacks guys! i'm happy to see the map is fun to play because it was my biggest fear to create something boring!

Map and screenshots updated!

Next days i'm going to start texturing and make a better lighting. Thanks again guys! :)

You should put it on some gamedays and imps so you can get more layout feedback before you even think of large-scale detailing. It's almost unheard of for a map to have a decently fun layout after just a few updates.

Not saying it isn't fun right now, but it can always be better :)

Boccow

Jul 20, 2014
Map Updated to A3. I Rebuild the Intel zone and main base because were small areas and was very hard for attackers to capture the enemy intel. I realized that there was still much work to do before the map had a solid foundation. For Now i'm going to edit after some gamedays to get a better idea of which way this map needs to take.

A3 01/10/14

- Rebuild Intel Zone with a new large areas, an outside area and a flank route attached to the sniper post
- Add Cubemaps
- Fixed Spawn doors, now enemies can't enter in the spawn rooms
- Update Lighting
- Fixing some texture
- New Props around the map
- Reworked Skybox
- Some minor changes
- Better optimization
- More Signs
- Update screenshots