hud halp

Discussion in 'Mapping Questions & Discussion' started by The Asylum, Jan 19, 2011.

1. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    So it's like this: I have a CTF map, and my map automatically sets tf_flag_caps_per_round to 0. The reason being, whichever team caps the most times in 10 minutes wins the round. Now this works fine and dandy, but when the new round starts, the HUD numbers won't reset. How do I get it so that they reset?

2. A Boojum Snark

aa A Boojum Snark Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado

Positive Ratings:
    If I remember correctly, you don't. When the per-round is set to 0, the captures automatically increment the global score (what is shown on the big scoreboard) and the HUD reflects that instead. So unless you want to reset the global score after each round via the gamerules inputs you can't do anything about it.

(but... I also seem to remember setting it to 0 removes the score counters on the hud, so I'm not sure)

3. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Setting tf_flag_caps_per_round just removes the "playing to ____" at the bottom.

but I guess if resettting the global score is the only way to get it back to 0-0, so be it. How do you do that?

4. LeSwordfish

aa LeSwordfish semi-trained quasi-professional

Positive Ratings:
  5. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    Use the AddXTeamScore gamerules inputs with a negative value.

6. The Asylum

aa The Asylum

Positive Ratings:
    Tried that, but it won't stop at 0, it'll be a negative number. Unless there's a way to get a negative GetValue output to "add" to the team score

7. A Boojum Snark

Positive Ratings:
    Just count the captures with a math_counter, going down 1 each time. 3 caps = -3 value which can be sent to the gamerules.