Howdy

JesusaurusRex

L1: Registered
Feb 28, 2009
All of those fancy new custom maps that came with the Scout Update inspired me to learn how to map myself.

So, I have less than a week's experience so far, and most of that has been reading tutorials. But - I plan on mastering that confusing-as-heck program called 'Hammer' and pump out some quality maps, and, of course, learn something along the way.

I'm already part way through my first map, which has been brewing in my head for a while, so I'll likely be running to the forums every time I hit a snag in the process. In advance - I'm sorry for that. But with enough practice I hope to be one of those guys giving advice, not asking it.

Also; what format does the forums want my Steam ID in? I've tried it with both proceeding 0s, one, and neither of them. None work.

Last edited:

YM

LVL100 YM
aa
Dec 5, 2007
Welcome :thumbup1:

I trust you already have found the link in my sig, so I wont mention it again. Jump in the steam group chat any time (its always got people in) and people in there will be willing to provide help with a supprising variety of things!

Use your steam account name, for me I put in "marmalade_tim" and it worked just fine.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
Yeah, with little fiddley things or newbie questions the chat room is usually a better choice than spamming up the forums. :)

For the steam ID, what it wants is the unique part of your community page URL, which isn't necessarily your account name (isn't in my case), since I think that's the only public way the plugin can locate you and your status.