tv_allow_camera_man "0"
tv_maxrate "2500"
tv_delay "90"
tv_name "SourceTV"
tv_title "SourceTV"
tv_maxclients 10
tv_transmitall '1"
tv_relaypassword "secret"

but it doesn't work, and also, if i want it to save the .dems, how do i connect them to : www.yourownverysite.com?

drp

aa
Oct 25, 2007
are you running it on the same machine the game server is on?
the demos will save locally, you need to move them over to your site via ftp.

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
thanks, so it saves in my gameserver, but still, it doesn't work, do i need to do something more with the commands?

AWESOME-O

L10: Glamorous Member
Mar 20, 2008
does anyone knows coltseaver and can contact him for me?

DJive

Cake or Death?
aa
Dec 20, 2007
http://www.coltsplayground.net/

Lolz.

for the TF2maps.net server i added to the bottom of the config

exec sourcetv.cfg

And in the same directory of the server.cfg i had a sourcetv.cfg file with settings of.

tv_enable 1
tv_port 27020
tv_name "DJive Yay!"
tv_title "Yippy!"
tv_autorecord 1
tv_password ""

restart the server, change the map and thats how we did it.
have a GOOD host because auto recording can take some space =)

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
here's the config from the Map Lab server

You can do as DJ suggests and make a tv config, or you can just add this text to your server.cfg file, at the top, after the server name bit

tv_enable 1
tv_port 27117
tv_delay 120
tv_name "LnC|PlaygroundTV"
tv_title "LnC|PlaygroundTV"
tv_allow_camera_man 0
tv_transmitall 0
tv_relayvoice 0
tv_autorecord 1

tv_delay is the delay between the server and the tv viewer, in seconds
tv_allow_cameraman can be set to 1 to allow source tv viewers to be cameramen and have the other viewers select their view/.

tv_transmitall can be set to 1 to enable every player angle to be broadcast - useful on gamedays but not for general use as adds more burden

tv_relayvoice - keep this off at 0, or in game chat will lag the feed for viewers

tv_autorecord - you have a choice. If you have desktop, console access to your server you can just manually reocrd demo's ad-hoc. If you want all activity on the server recorded, set to 1 and make sure you clean out your recordings regularly cos they soon get HUGE.

hope that helps.

Colt Seavers

L6: Sharp Member
Dec 30, 2007
you wouldnt be able to record to any other server than the one the game is on unless you set up a proxy server - and relayed to it. It's unlikely your ftp is appropriate - i'm guessing that's just storage space on the web, not somewhere you can run source to be able to record from. As Dr.Pepper says, you'd need to manually move the demos accross from the game server to the hosted ftp for download by others.