How to move map file from tf2 hammer to sfm hammer

Redmations

L1: Registered
Jan 26, 2020
I completed a small scene map in the tf2 hammer for sfm. I wanted to upload the map to the sfm workshop but I can't since I copy the map file from the tf2 hammer file into sfm. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to move the map file from the tf2 hammer to the sfm hammer if it's possible. I looked around for any tutorials but very little to help. Can anyone help me with this?

Pinsplash

bad bad bad
May 8, 2016
what exactly is it doing instead of opening? you should be able to open a tf2 vmf in any version of hammer just fine to my knowledge.

Redmations

Jan 26, 2020
Well my question is where am I supposed to move the file from the TF2 Hammer to the SFM Hammer? I don't know what file is the map should be in the SFM Hammer since it doesn't have the sourcesdk_content file that the TF2 Hammer has if I'm saying this correctly.

MegapiemanPHD

Doctorate in Deliciousness
aa
Mar 31, 2012
If it's a vmf file you can open it with either hammer editor regardless of it's location, just click file, open, and go to where it's located. You shouldn't need any kind of sourcesdk_content file for that. I've done it a few times myself so just opening it normally should work.

Redmations

Jan 26, 2020
Yes I was able to move the map file into SFM's Hammer and export it and run map and it works. The only other problem I'm having is that I can't upload the map to the Steam workshop. I keep getting this error message everytime.

Attachments

• Upload File Error 2_27_2020 7_47_05 PM.png
    Upload File Error 2_27_2020 7_47_05 PM.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 135