How to move entities by setting XYZ values?

BANG!

L1: Registered
Feb 8, 2011
Hi,

Title says it all, in hammer, how can I move entities by setting manually the X Y Z values?

I can't find such thing :S

Also, I have some pretty big static props, and in the 3D view I cannot see the model even when i get inside the "bouding box" it only shows the model in the 2D view, is there any way to force it to display the models in the camera viewport no matter the distance?

Thanks

Last edited:

red_flame586

L420: High Member
Apr 19, 2009
There's a setting somewhere which changes 3d draw distance. I'm not quite sure cause I can't open up hammer right now, but look through the settings. I think that's what you were asking.

As for the XYZ, did you want the game to move them ingame, so when something happens, the prop moves to another place, or just move it in hammer to co-ordinates xyz

BANG!

L1: Registered
Feb 8, 2011
Thanks a lot it was the "Model render distance" in Tools > Options, snape I don't know how I could miss that...

I wanted to move objects by setting precise coordinates, though if it doesn't exist I can use the 3D view now I can see my models fine to see what I am doing precisely =)

Problem solved thanks.

A Boojum Snark

Toraipoddodezain Mazahabado
aa
Nov 2, 2007
When you have an entity selected it's origin listed in the status bar following an @, and then you can use the transform dialog (ctrl+m) to move it a specific distance. That's about as close as you can get to what you want.

Sergis

L666: ])oo]v[
aa
Jul 22, 2009
When you have an entity selected it's origin listed in the status bar following an @, and then you can use the transform dialog (ctrl+m) to move it a specific distance. That's about as close as you can get to what you want.

set the grid to max for convenience
drag entity to 0 0 0
ctrl+m
????
profit!