How to get in a prop_vehicle_driveable ?

Fox_McCloud45

L1: Registered
Aug 16, 2014
Hello there.

In Hammer, I have manually created a buggy using the following parameters:

1408208648-prop-vehicle-driveable.jpg

In-game, the vehicle properly spawns but I don't know how to get in. I tested +use but it does not work.

EDIT: When using +use, the HUD and the weapon disappears and the camera begins to move but then suddenly stops and I cannot do anything. I can only changelevel.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Geit

💜 I probably broke it 💜
aa
May 28, 2009
Hello there.

In Hammer, I have manually created a buggy using the following parameters:

In-game, the vehicle properly spawns but I don't know how to get in. I tested +use but it does not work.

How to get in the vehicle (if it is possible)?

Thank you in advance.

I don't think that entity works in TF2 - TF2's physics engine is stripped down a fair bit compared to other source games so lots of stuff like that doesn't work.

Fox_McCloud45

Aug 16, 2014
I don't think that entity works in TF2 - TF2's physics engine is stripped down a fair bit compared to other source games so lots of stuff like that doesn't work.

If I make this entity a prop_vehicle (which works with inputs and players do not need to get in), do you think it could work?

EDIT: After some testing, the vehicle seems to move backwards by itself, even when the engine is turned off.

Last edited:

xzzy

aa
Jan 30, 2010
You should also be aware of the fact that even if you get it to work reliably in a local game, it will probably go completely haywire in multiplayer.

Fox_McCloud45

Aug 16, 2014
You should also be aware of the fact that even if you get it to work reliably in a local game, it will probably go completely haywire in multiplayer.

This is just for testing purposes.

I made a func_tracktrain with a func_traincontrols; it works well but on a predefined path, unfortunately.