how to do custom entity? (Solved)

r0nii

Banned
Mar 16, 2019
i got many problems on my map and while solving first one another its coming and solutions running out. do anyone knows how to do custom entity or combine few in one?

those entities i need but makes troubles:
tf_logic_player_destruction
team_control_point_master

tf_logic_player_destruction got res_file option which opens .res files for head-up display (hud) and allows to use CountdownImage and CountdownTimer but spawns flag after kill (i have already flag entity on map and more flags is not cool) and not very important adds gamemode category to player destruction. ( i want custom called object destruction [od])

team_control_point_master shows control point head-up display (hud) but make team win who captures the point.
tf_logic_koth fixes it but disables default timer and adds 2 timers.

help if someone knows solution to make custom entity to combine or remake entities or just solution without creating new custom entity

True lemon

L3: Member
Feb 20, 2019
custom entities are impossible. as for making it, you'll have to get someone else to help

r0nii

Banned
Mar 16, 2019
custom entities are impossible. as for making it, you'll have to get someone else to help
custom entities should be possible. how i know one of hammer mod adds few more functions (sorry i don't know how the mod is called) . also don't forget you can edit the entity by disabling the smart edit. but sadly you can't remove there already existing options and can't add everything.

Last edited:

DrSquishy

we've all had better times to die
aa
Feb 10, 2017
custom entities should be possible. how i know one of hammer mod adds few more functions (sorry i don't know how the mod is called)
If you mean downloads like this, it's not a custom entity as you seem to want.
Adding an entity in an FGD is different from adding an entity to the game. An FGD just gives hammer information about how hammer can interact with entities already present in the game's code, you can still only use keyvalues that the entity has been given in code and entities that have already been defined in the game's code.
If you want a custom entity in the way you want, you would need to either edit the game's code (not really possible) or use server plugins (figure out how to do that if you really can't find any workarounds)

r0nii

Banned
Mar 16, 2019
If you mean downloads like this, it's not a custom entity as you seem to want.
Adding an entity in an FGD is different from adding an entity to the game. An FGD just gives hammer information about how hammer can interact with entities already present in the game's code, you can still only use keyvalues that the entity has been given in code and entities that have already been defined in the game's code.
If you want a custom entity in the way you want, you would need to either edit the game's code (not really possible) or use server plugins (figure out how to do that if you really can't find any workarounds)
and its possible to disable some functions of entities?
examble: disabling flag after death? (flag spawns always when tf_logic_player_destruction is on the map)

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018
To "disable" the flag (in quote because it's actually deleting it before it can be picked up), you'd need this entity called trigger_brush. More info in this post here: https://tf2maps.net/threads/how-to-identify-a-kill.12323/#post-149034

All you'd need to do is find the name of the flag entity for player destruction. Then, when a player dies, delete that entity.

r0nii

Banned
Mar 16, 2019
To "disable" the flag (in quote because it's actually deleting it before it can be picked up), you'd need this entity called trigger_brush. More info in this post here: https://tf2maps.net/threads/how-to-identify-a-kill.12323/#post-149034

All you'd need to do is find the name of the flag entity for player destruction. Then, when a player dies, delete that entity.
thanks you helped me alot but i have another question. on my map i got flag and single control point. i want ctf and cp hud. i found out that i need tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp and team_control_point_master but if i cap the point then the game win instantly. and if i add
tf_logic_koth then i got two koth timers which i don't want. do you have any solution for that?

Yaki

aa
Sep 3, 2018
Yup, there is a solution. The reason the game ends is because the game automatically makes the team that owns all points the winner. Do this please:

Keep "tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp". Then...

"team_control_point_master" has a setting: Restrict Team From Winning. Set "Both" as the parameter.

Next, use "game_round_win" to set a winner. This one is pretty easy to figure out, but I'll tell you anyway: Set the Team to whichever team you want to win, then fire the input RoundWin to this entity to make that team win.

Make two for each team to make it easier on yourself. I think you could use one entity and set which team wins, but that's two inputs each time, and it'll just be more... annoying? haha. At least to me.

Good luck!

r0nii

Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Yup, there is a solution. The reason the game ends is because the game automatically makes the team that owns all points the winner. Do this please:

Keep "tf_logic_hybrid_ctf_cp". Then...

"team_control_point_master" has a setting: Restrict Team From Winning. Set "Both" as the parameter.

Next, use "game_round_win" to set a winner. This one is pretty easy to figure out, but I'll tell you anyway: Set the Team to whichever team you want to win, then fire the input RoundWin to this entity to make that team win.

Make two for each team to make it easier on yourself. I think you could use one entity and set which team wins, but that's two inputs each time, and it'll just be more... annoying? haha. At least to me.

Good luck!

the second part is already on the map but really this is so easy? and about flags egan said that to disable flag i need to set setpointsondeath 0 as input in tf_logic_player_destruction. he said that in player destruction guide.
finaly my map works how i wanted. only few fixes and it will be ready to send

r0nii

Banned
Mar 16, 2019
Wow, had no idea that PD was that customizable and that preventing drops was possible. What I said wasn't to mislead you or anything, hope something can be learned from it.
we both learned alot :) thanks for your help. anyway wanna be second autor of my map?